ML Boatworks GM-480 Gas Race Mono glass hull design has begun

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am converting my hull over to a mod 30.5 setup, and got all the gear and motor to do a stock 260 setup, so I will build one to run that as well. Right now, I am working on customers hulls tho. Here is hull #4, custom tinted mint green top deck. More soon!

i-rbTC37d-X2.jpg

i-BVhpdF2-X2.jpg

i-sbkBdkP-X2.jpg

i-hRdP9HP-X2.jpg

Here is a run from a couple days ago on the stock 300pum. Still learning how to set these gas monos up. Each runs gets better and better tho. I am no where near the setup genius Eddie is!

[VIDEO]

mike ...very nice looking and performing boat .....nice looking running site ....can you say where it is located ? .....thanks.....bob

That is just a little detention pond in Greenville, NC. 880 ft x 200 ft...Hence the slower turns I make!

The other site that Eddies Black hull is on in the earlier video is at a club site in Wilmington, NC

Had a great day at Wilmington Model Boats club pond saturday. Got my boat out on the water, and got some help with the setup, and some prop choices that seem to do well with the mod engine. I also got to run bouys for the first time since probably 2013 or so. Felt good getting out there and making good laps! Here is the video of mine running. It was blowing a cross wind of around 12-15mph, and stayed choppy all day.

[VIDEO]

Here is the videos of Eddies running. His is much faster than mine with that Quickdraw! He was also catching the water at its roughest all day, lol. Couldn't catch a break, but it tickled me seeing it run that fast. Real speeds in the 70+ mph range.

[VIDEO]

[VIDEO]

Also got hull #4 done, and started on hull #5

Custom Mint Green deck:

i-xnjvfZz-X2.jpg

i-zjL7BpZ-X2.jpg

i-JkCj3pB-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Attempting a full carbon twill deck on hull #5. Had some air pocket issues, so may have to pause on doing this until I can figure out a bagging process. But still a sweet look!

i-ZBVtqbh-X2.jpg

i-mxgVgXF-X2.jpg

And, showing off the new ML Boatworks logo design I worked for these hulls. Mod SS 30.5 engine.

i-4SzWRC4-X2.jpg

i-2NJQwD6-X2.jpg

i-nwp698L-X2.jpg

Hey Mike,,, are you putting the splatter in as gelcoat first or just putting it on after you pull it from the mold ?

A friend of mine that built and sold boats made a boat that had several splatter colors with a Artic white hull....it turned out awesome!!

He let each color set before the next so there were no strange colors from blending...and then sprayed the white.

It's 1 Balcombe Rd.
Rocky Point, NC

I splatter first, then spray the backer color. All done at the same time. I found if you let the splatter sit to long, it will cause issues with it drawing back and looking bad actually, so I tried it this way, and it works great.

Putting another mono in a great guys hands soon. Octavio Rivero is gonna give my design a go! He would not tell me a color, so I had to decide for him...Blue it is!

20210518_070857-X3.jpg

20210518_070907-X3.jpg

Several top decks worked on over the last week or so. I finished up a black bottom for Eddies Super Stock hull, the Peach hull is my super stock hull, the green and black splatter is for a local club member, and the blue is for Octavio Rivero! Wish I could lay up the bottoms as fast as the top decks. More soon.

i-wrXrrh3-X3.jpg

i-b8T3NXp-X2.jpg

i-HnvgNsN-X2.jpg

i-NKQhkx8-X2.jpg

i-M4FVSjK-X2.jpg

-

We had a great day running these boats. Eddie ended up in 1st in LSG and I ended up 2nd. I ran my SS boat, but it wasn't until the 3rd heat, that I found the propeller to get it moving..and move it did! The SS class is going to be fun with a boat this large handling crappy water and doing it well in the 50's..and I don't think we have maxed out the speeds by a long shot. I am only on my 2nd prop so far, so sky is the limit. The stock hull, minus fuel and prop, ended up at 12 lbs, 13 ounces...Not to shabby. The 260 stock engine wants to pull a big prop with this boat! Should be fun. Here are a few pics of the boats lake side. We only ran 3 of the 5 there. The mint green QD hull is almost ready to run. I'm sure Eddie will have his carbon fiber deck stock hull, weight in at a meer 5 lbs, 5 oz, rigged and running soon. I worked on a new logo design as well...Real happy with this project. I now have some guys wanting these boats in their hands in other parts of the country as well, and they are guys that make the big races, and should really help make the boat shine. Eddie is gonna hold down our area. I can't wait to see how this all ends up.

i-GSvX8P6-X4.jpg

i-SdpTXpf-X4.jpg

i-dHZQG8J-X4.jpg

i-Lg5ncxd-X4.jpg

i-XWfDmPC-X4.jpg

Back