Miss Vegas runs great for 1 min then falls flat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still had the same issue. Thought I would call Tower to see what they said. After explaining what was happening they said they will just replace the engine. So it shipped Wed's. Hopefully no issues with the new one.
That's not a bad deal - new engine...........

Just a little update. Got the new motor back form Tower installed it broke it in, and she runs again. This motor seems to be so much easier to start and tune than the last one did. My buddy is super happy with it now and we are having fun again with the 2 Miss Vegas's.

Just so you know.. if that poor little engine gets run to lean early in life its all over but the crying. Of all the testing I have done the only time this has happen to me is after a lean run or two durring beak-in.

Hobby Services did you VERY WELL.. very well indeed!

Grimracer

I had the same problem and did almost everything listed. The fix I come up with was to take the carb completely apart and found the spray bar had a piece of Cottonwood tree fuzz in it.

Cotton wood tree give off a fuzzy seed in the spring and they float on the water and get in the fuel system. Just another idea.

Papa D

Daryl,

It could have been cottonwood fuzz but.. it was more likey bean fiber from the castor. What fuel are you using?

Grim

I'm with Mike on this one. I have purposely run these engines lean to see what they would take and they developed the exact issue.

jacko'

We had tried richer till the starter gave up the ghost always in 1/8 turn increments . The new motor is adjust as we did the first and it has not had one issue. Always run our motors a bit on the fat side much rather have a slow boat than a broken boat. It could have been any number of factors, fuel is Byron 33% 18% oil. But it is all better now and we are running it pretty good. Now on its 16th tank of fuel as of today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resurrecting this old thread since this describes the issue I have been having with my MVD this summer. I have had this boat for a number of years now and it's always been a reliable performer until this summer. She now runs great for a couple of laps and then sags pretty badly.

Mike, when you have seen this issue, it is a piston and liner fit issue brought on by overheating/too lean?

I have been running Byron Hydro Glow 55% for the past few years in all my boats including this one. If I add some extra lube to the fuel in this boat or drop down the nitro do you think it might help this issue?

All dropping nitro will do is add more methanol(the actual fuel) to the mix. Have you replaced the bearings or checked the piston/sleeve fit? It only takes a couple of laps to heat up an engine, so I discovered with a CMB 67. I had very similar issues due to overheating. Ended up ruining a head button and piston and, due to age, a bearing. It would run great, until it got warmed up. Then the button would expand, letting pressure out through the plug threads, followed by bogging down and quitting.

put a 1oz or 2oz hopper tank in it, i think it is the only way to make these run, I put a new 6oz tank in mine and then added the 1oz hopper, ran great after that, had the same problem

Last edited:
Why do you guys try and fix a problem that is 10 yrs old. This is an old thread. Let it go. Stop dragging this stuff to the top. Just read and enjoy.. No need for 2 cents when it is this old.
Mike

Latest posts

Back