Miss Vegas FE conversion

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the same ( years ago)

Attached Thumbnails

Attached Thumbnails"Click image for larger version.[/B]
Name: DSC01082.JPG Views: 151 Size: 61.4 KB ID: 15571"]https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15571&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1482092953
"Click image for larger version.[/B]
Name: DSC01084.JPG Views: 146 Size: 61.5 KB ID: 15572"]https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15572&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1482092953
[IMG alt="Click image for larger version.
Name: DSC01083.JPG Views: 150 Size: 56.9 KB ID: 15573"]https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15573&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1482092953[/IMG]
"Click image for larger version.[/B]
Name: DSC01086.JPG Views: 152 Size: 59.4 KB ID: 15574"]https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15574&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1482092953

Name: DSC01112.JPG Views: 99 Size: 60.1 KB ID: 16364"]https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?
attachmentid=16364&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1482093040[/IMG]
Name: DSC01112.JPG Views: 99 Size: 60.1 KB ID: 16364"]https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16364&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1482093040[/IMG]

I had the same problem with water flooding the hull in minutes. This is how I solved the problem: I cut the cowling in two, the nose portion is permanently affixed so that water will not get in from there, aft portion is taped down. I moved the rudder rod to exit the transom and sealed hole in the faux exhaust. I've had it airborne and flipped a couple of times with not a drop of water getting in. I also added an external electronics kill circuit.

Attachments

• 20210329_142428.jpg
    20210329_142428.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 57
  • 20210329_142439.jpg
    20210329_142439.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 58
  • 20210329_142451.jpg
    20210329_142451.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
Nice job guys!!!

Proper chopper, that thing hauls azz !!!

I have a Miss Vegas from when they first came out...with the original pull start motor and crappy radio box and fuel tank. Its a fun little boat, and I never imagined it could be used for something as fast as yours !

I used to let kids run it at club races at the end of the day .... it made many a kids day !!

Now that we have an open pond, my bad, went back out to run again. Ran a M447 prop on Saturday and the rear hopped. Second run, one of the esc/motor plugs came undone. Guess I need to go back and re-solder all the connections. Sunday, back out again. This time prop was changed to a 42x55. Not bad, but now wish I had more than 5000mah batts. Around 5-6 laps total.

Vince,

See you have the front part back farther than what Tony did on his, which I did on mine. Learning on how to tape the front so it won't leak. The rear changes I made certainly helped out.

JD,

Yep, that would make it a P sport hydro. The motor came with the big purchase. There are several other motors to use, but wanted to try this one. Do have a Leopard 3674 2200kv to try, but using the 2075kv first. Our club has a few members that are running this class. Don't know if it will be offered for an event, but yet fun to run with others for bragging rights. Still need to see if the club is going to hold a race this year. There is talk about something special for this year, but I'm not the one to put it out there. As for changing this to P-LTD, IMPBA doesn't list a true LTD motor. Each clubs seems to have their prefered motor for LTD. Think the only club around here that might run this class is Madison. Will see what they do in the future.

As for this boat, really put it together to see what it can do. Then it will most likely be posted for sale. Believe I already have a club member that wants to buy it anyway. Saturday was our club meeting at the pond. Club members started asking where's the outboard motor!

Scott. We are working on our P Limited rules that fits a lot of other clubs. Like ATL, CMB, and looking at NAMBA rules as well. I will keep you posted.

Went out today with a new device. 1080p mini cube camera. Water condition was not the greatest as the wind started to pick up, from the west. Wind from the west creates waves on the lake since that is the only area that is equal with the water. Any other direction, it won't effect the lake. Camera was double taped to the wing top and taped down to make sure it didn't come into Davey Jone's locker.

First vid is just my boat.

At the end of the day, got Jerry to get his Whiplash .21 FE to run with me. This was just to see what the video will come out like, we were not try to race each other, just wanted to see how the vid would show another boat on the water with me.

Jerry is running a 4082 motor, 10K mah 4S, don't know much past that on his boat. Mine is still running 5k mah 4s, 2075kv 3674 and a 40x52 prop. He was trying to stay on the outside as to not interfere with mine, but still kept mine somewhat behind to see how it all came out on the vid. Actually happy with this tiny unit and it's action shots.

Went out today with a new device. 1080p mini cube camera. Water condition was not the greatest as the wind started to pick up, from the west. Wind from the west creates waves on the lake since that is the only area that is equal with the water. Any other direction, it won't effect the lake. Camera was double taped to the wing top and taped down to make sure it didn't come into Davey Jone's locker.

First vid is just my boat.

At the end of the day, got Jerry to get his Whiplash .21 FE to run with me. This was just to see what the video will come out like, we were not try to race each other, just wanted to see how the vid would show another boat on the water with me.

Jerry is running a 4082 motor, 10K mah 4S, don't know much past that on his boat. Mine is still running 5k mah 4s, 2075kv 3674 and a 40x52 prop. He was trying to stay on the outside as to not interfere with mine, but still kept mine somewhat behind to see how it all came out on the vid. Actually happy with this tiny unit and it's action shots.

Love those Mark. From water level his rooster tail looked huge. Reminds me a lot of when they put the cameras on the Unlimited Hydros.

Too funny when he goes ripping past on the backstretch.. really shows the speed difference between the two boats... nice job !

I think a rear facing one would be cool too!!

Too funny when he goes ripping past on the backstretch.. really shows the speed difference between the two boats... nice job !

I think a rear facing one would be cool too!!

Actually these boats are very evenly matched. Jerry was staying to the outside and I played the chaser. When he goes flying by, it's due to mine only be half throttle. Once he is past, it's back to wide open to catch him. It's easy since he's about lane 10 and I'm at lane 2. Think both boats could use better props for their proper speeds.

Here is the tiny camera being used. One came from eBay, and couldn't get it to work. After more research, thought it was a fake unit. So, went to Micro Center and bought one off them. Opened up the fake unit today only to find out it's real. So, looked into it more and got it to work! Next time out, will have front and rear shots at the same time. Unit weight is 8.1g.

SQ11.jpg

Back