Mini-Flite Mini Vee

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Lang

I had a Mini-Flite Mini Vee in 1975 that I never completed and gave away.Recently I found another one NIB and would like to complete it. It was designed for .09- .15 nitro, and I like nitro.I’m an old school classic pattern flier and will power this with a marine Enya 19 or 29. Flying Models magazine contributing editor Jerry Dunlap did the original review of this ARF in April 1974.(I actually wrote him a letter as a teenager about this ARF and he responded). This will be the occasional sport boat , because I’m not a boater, just looking to finish what I should have completed years ago. The Mini-Vee hardware requirements list: Octura and Dumas hardware. I’m looking forward to making this design run after 46 years….Long overdue.

Thx
BL

Last edited:
I had a Mini-Flite Mini Vee in 1975 that I never completed and gave away.Recently I found another one NIB and would like to complete it. It was designed for .09- .15 nitro, and I like nitro.I’m an old school classic pattern flier and will power this with a marine Enya 19 or 29. Flying Models magazine contributing editor Jerry Dunlap did the original review of this ARF in April 1974.(I actually wrote him a letter as a teenager about this ARF and he responded). This will be the occasional sport boat , because I’m not a boater, just looking to finish what I should have completed years ago. The Mini-Vee hardware requirements list: Octura and Dumas hardware. I’m looking forward to making this design run after 46 years….Long overdue.

Thx
BL
1974, back when you actually took pen to paper and mailed a response. Thanks for sharing and good luck with this project.
JD

Jerry,
Good to hear from you after so many years.. Any tips to improve on your build from your original ‘74 article ? Would the straight shaft still be suitable for a larger nitro engine ? What happened to the Mini-Vee in your review?
Thx
B

Jerry,
Good to hear from you after so many years.. Any tips to improve on your build from your original ‘74 article ? Would the straight shaft still be suitable for a larger nitro engine ? What happened to the Mini-Vee in your review?
Thx
B
I would use a flex cable parallel drive with a transom mounted strut. Maybe set the strut depth around a 1/2" to start.
I probably gave the Mini-Vee away to someone who was interested in getting started in model boating. I don't recall ever selling any of the many products I reviewed.
JD

Thanks for the tip.. I will follow your advice. I’ll post a photo of this project when completed..
BL

Back