Maybe it's time.......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
I just received an email from a long time highly respected IW member, someone who has supplied many on here with needed parts about active members who are excessively delinquent on paying bills for stuff they received. We've already had Stu post about similar problems with non payers and honestly I would expect better from our members but I'm seeing and hearing stuff like this more and more. So is it time for a "list of shame"??? Please feel free to comment...........

Well, it's not like individuals buying stuff on the Classified Forum expect to get items shipped that they have purchased before payment arrives do they? So why should anyone expect anything different from the vendors? Everyone has the option of paying the extra shipping costs if they want it right away. It's nice to be nice, but business is business....

Easily fixable. Pay first, goodies later.

Last edited:
Good conversation but here's what happened to me. Sent check after vendor sent product because he trusted me. My check never got there. A week or two later I called him up to order something else or we were just talking. He asked if I sent my money & I told him yes. I sent new check out right away. He got that one. I canceled first check & he never got it either. I felt bad but the post office dropped the ball some how. Should I be put on that list. I hope not. I still feel bad about it because I like to keep a upstanding personality to be known as honest. A lot to think about how this all should be done.

I wasn't aware that anyone was actually sending out goods without asking for upfront payment until Stu posted before and found it baffling. In my honest opinion, if someone sends something out without collecting payment first, then doesn't receive payment, what did they really expect to happen?

I know someone who's whole hobby supply business was based upon sending out the goods with an invoice and expecting a return payment. Of course you only get one chance to stiff a nice guy by not paying.
B.

Yes it is time. Modelboating community is too small not to be aware...

And, Mike, what about when you pay a vendor for goodies and don`t receive them?
Happy New Year in Norway.

It has happened to me once when a guy bought a bunch Picco engines and parts. But he eventually settled up. I notice that there's been this issue on here with some guys not shipping items and they eventually take a digital beating and burn their bridges. It's not a unique issue. Been shafted on Amazon as well when I bought items from a second-tier provider that never shipped and Amazon, despite taking my money, refused to honor the bargain. That's when I started reading reviews. If I had, I would have seen that this outfit was stiffing people right and left. So maybe the review deal would be something to consider on here. The guys that run IW are prudent and wise and they will make the right choice on that I'm sure.

I like the idea of being able to check out the buyer's and sellers stats...
It's a good way of knowing who your dealing with.
So far I have had no problem dealing with anyone on I/W.
I've not done as much as a lot of you have but I still try to take a man at his word...
Most of the people on this site are here for each others benefit.
I totally agree with Mike and Frank.
You can't even go to Macdonalds at get your food until you pay and they are 2 feet away lol...

I totally agree with a buyer and seller review page others need to know. I myself don't buy or sell much like others do.
Good conversation but here's what happened to me. Sent check after vendor sent product because he trusted me. My check never got there. A week or two later I called him up to order something else or we were just talking. He asked if I sent my money & I told him yes. I sent new check out right away. He got that one. I canceled first check & he never got it either. I felt bad but the post office dropped the ball some how. Should I be put on that list. I hope not. I still feel bad about it because I like to keep a upstanding personality to be known as honest. A lot to think about how this all should be done.

Steve I don't think you need to be concerned..your a great guy & I respect you.

I wasn't aware that anyone was actually sending out goods without asking for upfront payment until Stu posted before and found it baffling. In my honest opinion, if someone sends something out without collecting payment first, then doesn't receive payment, what did they really expect to happen?
We call it trust. Used to be a lot of it in the past. Now....... not so much it seems.

Payment problems will always arise, for several reasons... and most people, will take immediate care of an issue once they know about it. But it takes communication, and one or two phone calls or emails should be sufficient.

If a bad review is posted and there was a real reason payment didn't get made, like a check lost in the mail, the review can be removed or cleared up in another post.

I don't think anyone is interested in ruining another person's reputation over a few bucks,
but maybe a time limit, 30 days or so after notification should be implemented before posting a bad review.

No time limit for obvious fraud alerts or scammers or for posting positive reviews.

I get that it used to be trust, but surely that was before the days of anyone declaring themselves to be anyone on the Internet - a la the scam of a couple of weeks back.

Perhaps I'm too young for this concept, I couldn't imagine doing it for anyone beside those I know face to face...

Latest posts

Back