magnehelic parts help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Pirrone

im keen to build a magnehelic flow meter can any one help with parts and part numbers needed please

im not sure weather i should use gas or air powered

any advise or help would be greatly appreciated

cheers rick :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of Franks valves ive never used. I use a boris and will never go back to propane

Rick I can probably get you a gauge but they are not cheap. The boris meters are better anyway
My GEN-4 Flow meter will be ready by the end of Sept. or earlier. BTW I can build flow meter in aluminum case with 6x6 manometer in one week. Boris

Rick, Here's the gauges and model numbers to look for. Dwyer Magnehelic 0-80 Model 2080 and Dwyer SCFH air Model RMC-121 1-10. Good luck!

There are instructions on the net ( I got them when either Marty Davis ( maybe his technical notes), or another master boater on here posted a link.... Dwyer guages all, and the instructions on how to... Marty Slater actually built mine... should you want to continue, we used a regulator/valve from a coleman stove as the valve, the tubing lines have to be all the same length, and so on.... Per Mike's post i dont use mine much anymore either, and even then just to set a known set of parameters into a third channel needle system for intial testing set up.... the Boris meters are very accurate, very well built, and pretty neat to use.... in conjunction with an air density guage, statistics can be kept intensively, and your launch to dead ratio will be nil.... up to you, i'm still on 3.6 to the top of the ball, (Dwyer), at 40 inches of water.... good luck, and test well..... Mike

Back