Looking for a source

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydro Junkie

Not long ago, the last really good hobby shop in my area was force(by the landlord) to close it's doors. Didn't really see it as a problem, until now. Since I'm building some boats, I am going to need some brass tubing for cooling lines and stuffing tubes. Here's the problem, can't find anyplace locally or on line that carries anything over 12". Tower apparently doesn't carry tubing at all so that's not an option either. Needless to say, I'm in need of a new source for tubing since I know I used to be able to get it in three foot lengths. To make things even more interesting, a guy in Australia is in the same situation so international shipping would be even better so he could order some too. Thanks guys

Best if you go to the K&S site and get the catalogue number of the item you are looking for. Then search that. That is what I do.
Mike

be warned.. when shopping at Amazon for K+S wire or brass.. read carefully. It might show a picture of 3 lengths of wire for 15 bucks BUT.. it is ONE PEICE!

Just a heads up..

Grim

Working on a new boat or still working on the Pay N Pak?
Two scale 73 Paks(started over when I discovered the plans weren't accurate for it so I'm redesigning as I go and that takes time), gas scale 78 Madison(same issue, having to redesign as I go), 85 Executone, a new 2000 Elam Plus and a 2009 Oberto. Only problem is I have to work around the boss's "Honey Do" list and my work schedule. The plan is to have at least one on the water by the end of the season

I'll be working in Renton on Wednesday and at Boeing Field on Thursday so I will be in the area. Where is this hobby shop? You're the second person to mention it but no one has told me where it is. Was at the HARM three or four weeks ago, Squire was a nice shade of grey when I was there. I prefer to not go through Amazon as I want to keep the small local companies going. Let me guess, 5/16 for a .187 shaft and 3/8 for a .250

I'll be working in Renton on Wednesday and at Boeing Field on Thursday so I will be in the area. Where is this hobby shop? You're the second person to mention it but no one has told me where it is. Was at the HARM three or four weeks ago, Squire was a nice shade of grey when I was there. I prefer to not go through Amazon as I want to keep the small local companies going. Let me guess, 5/16 for a .187 shaft and 3/8 for a .250
Nope on the sizes. I just searched and came up with both. Like I said, go to the site and find what cataloge number you want. The best way to search.

In this day and age, I am surprized you dont know how to find it. You can go to the RC hobbies site...... you can google it.....you can search for it on your maps app. Look it up

There's a hardware store up the road from my only LHS now left in town that has a better selection of K&S brass tubing than they have. It's generally not a big seller there so there's a lot to choose from.

Back