Looking for a new glow plug adapter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu I bought it from china but I dont remember that who is dealer hobby store last 3 year ago

Hi Stu,

I have some like Allan's glow plug adapter, $6 each plus shipping & fee. Shot me your email and i will send pics for review.

I always preferred the Sullivan "Head Lock" Professional (Part No. M037)

http://www.sullivanproducts.com/ModelProductsMainFrame.htm

The "Pro" version has stainless body

I used those for years and love them but they won't hold the O'Donnell plugs.

Need to use the type like Allen has but they wear out fast and don't grip.
default_sad.png

I always preferred the Sullivan "Head Lock" Professional (Part No. M037)

http://www.sullivanproducts.com/ModelProductsMainFrame.htm

The "Pro" version has stainless body

I used those for years and love them but they won't hold the O'Donnell plugs.

Need to use the type like Allen has but they wear out fast and don't grip.
default_sad.png
Thanks Terry. Interesting, I have'nt tried the O'Donnell plugs yet (but have purchased a bunch and plan to use them in the near future). Curious, I'm gonna experiment connecting my Head Lock to an O'Donnell plug, check fit.

Tried them all over many years, this is what works for me. OMHO
default_wink.png
That is the same battery that was used in the GloBee Fireplug. You could adjust the amperage on the Fireplug from 1 to 5 amps. You really didn't need any more than 2.5 to 3 amps to get an engine started. If you got the engine really flooded THEN you went to 5 amps to clear it out. A setting of 5 amps would blow out a lot of the hot range glow plugs of the day. When I started running boats I used the GloBee Fireplug with the MRC glow plug twist lock ( as pictured in a previous post ). The wire where it goes into the top of the twist lock part needs more support and I did this with different sizes of heat shrink tubing. Today I use the glow igniters from Tower........too simple and the price is right! ( But keep a spare in your pocket! )

Dick Tyndall

Latest posts

Back