Looking for a good source for: Investment Casting Aluminum

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Van Houten

Supporting Member
Vendor
I am looking for a good source for investment casting aluminum. I could go online and blindly pick somebody but I had rather work with someone who comes recommended from a person who has been happy with their work. I have the drawings, 3d models and actual prototype parts made as well. I just need these hand sized parts cast in aluminum because CNC parts would be too expensive to manufacture. If you have had any personal experience with a foundry making these types of parts please let me know.
THANKS,
-Carl

Carl,

Contact Jim Schaeffer of ABC Props. It's literally what he does for a living.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racimg Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Carl,

He doesn't make a practice of it, but he can do it. I spoke to him a while back about a project of mine and he was up for it.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

We have talked briefly just now. I was at a marina working on a boat and wasn't getting good phone signal but I did send him a picture of the prototype so we'll see where it goes from here.

Thanks for your help!
-Carl

https://3dimensional.com/services/casting-and-precision-machining/
Hey carl!
Meant to send this to you this past weekend, this is a race team sponsor at the car series I was shooting. They do the prototype and one off parts on the cars and they are works of art. Great crew, did not chat much but to setup some cameras on their car but I looked through their setups and they’re nice. Might be worth a shot also.

I have been kicking around a new 7.5cc O/B lower unit design for years and I finally got around to getting it done. There are already a couple of these on the market but they have issues that racers are tired of dealing with including me. The #1 issue you will hear from all racers is that the prop shaft is wear out prematurely. The problem is a design issue combined with a material issue. We plan to have a couple made for testing.

Latest posts

Back