Looking for a good painter/mural artist

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all! I'm currently looking for a painter to do a Warpath Apache scheme on my rc boat. The boat is virgin white now and has never been painted. I'll try to attach pics of what I have now and what I want. I live in southeast MI so any help finding someone would be terrific!

Attachments

• 20190629_111902.jpg
    20190629_111902.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 657c7658b6140bcc5b06a31ad2f40582.jpg
    657c7658b6140bcc5b06a31ad2f40582.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 48
Terry,You could get graphics done at a sign shop as well as the lettering and numbers. Have the hull and cowl painted yellow at a local auto paint shop. The painter will probably need cash! After he paints it.Put the graphics and lettering on and take boat back to body shop to have top and sides clear coated.After clear coat it will look like something. Ive been painting boats for years in ohio and your apache is no big deal to do...start talking to local bodyshops and make a new painter friend! ps Aeromarine used to sell apache graphics,call Remy at aeromarine laminates JOE

Terry,You could get graphics done at a sign shop as well as the lettering and numbers. Have the hull and cowl painted yellow at a local auto paint shop. The painter will probably need cash! After he paints it.Put the graphics and lettering on and take boat back to body shop to have top and sides clear coated.After clear coat it will look like something. Ive been painting boats for years in ohio and your apache is no big deal to do...start talking to local bodyshops and make a new painter friend! ps Aeromarine used to sell apache graphics,call Remy at aeromarine laminates JOE
Thanks for the advice Joe. I've tried a couple local sign shops and they basically told me that with the way the hatch engine cowls are that they'd have to cut and piece sections of vinyl together...which is what I'm trying to stay away from to avoid the appearance of seams. :(

I'm probably missing something but I don't understand the cut and piece. My Pay n Pack stripes are printed so the orange and black are not two pieces. One long strip was applied with the cowl mounted and then took an exacto where the cowl comes off. It wasn't three separate pieces. Hope this helps.

He didn't think his 3mm vinyl would wrap tight enough around the cowls. I think he just didn't want to do the job.

Attachments

• First Mohican 300.jpg
    First Mohican 300.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 35
Who was that guy over on Jims- 'ProPainter' or something like that. He did some really really pretty stuff, but it wasnt cheap.

Back