Looking for a cowl for my gas cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have what I believe is an Exceed Spider Cat. I lost the cowl when I hit a bouy which flipped ripping cowl off along with the floatation which was also glassed in. I do not know who made the cat. I called RC Boatworks hoping they could help me but no dice. The boat is on nitrorcx.com where you can see how cowl looks. What I'm looking for if possible is a cowl made for the cat or maybe one that will fit. The measurement are 26 3\4" in length x 10 1\2" wide. From the front of the cowl to the center of carb is 13 1\4" . As long as the cowl covers the carb enough to protect from water should workIMG_20211117_152115.jpgIMG_20211117_152304.jpgIMG_20211117_152138.jpgIMG_20211117_152206.jpg

I called RC Boatworks and gave them the measurements and they texted back that they didn't make that cowl. So I'm assuming they don't have any that could fit.
All I need is a cowl with the same width.

Tom Foley; thank you for your reply. I agree, my first rc boat was a nitro Sprint Cat with a Picco 67 , wish I still had it. I called Danny from Aeromarine today and said that his cowl measures 9" wide and if I can't find wider cowl 10 1\2" I could modify one of his but I'll have to wait till he relocates. He hopes to be back at it by the first of the year.

Danny Weimer; I came up with up with the same. While talking to Danny at Aeromarine he suggested I should check out the Stryker's Cat. I called and talked to "Big-D" at RCBoatParts and believes the F-41 may be closer to the 10 1\2" I need. He's unable to right now to measure one because he's recovering from a surgery.

If anyone out there has a Stryker F-41 can you measure how wide the cowl is and let me know, I'd appreciate it and thanks for all the replies

If you find one that is close enough, you could glass it onto a sheet of ply or something similar and make it fit that way ... have done this with rigger cowls before ..

just a suggestion...

Yes and and a good suggestion. That's what I had planned to do but looks like the F-41 should work , thanks David for the measurements, that's what I was hoping for. When I talked to Danny at Aeromarine he said my cat(Chinese?) was probably a copy of the F-41.
Dave I will call Wayne tomorrow and see what he has just in case,but l believe the F-41 could work.
Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and suggestions.

Hi All , can someone tell me what is the correct strut depth for a cat , as mine is spinning out on the corners ( I have a skeg on the bottom of the strut )
cheers ( at the moment ther strut is about 15mm above the riding surface of the hull .

Hi All , can someone tell me what is the correct strut depth for a cat , as mine is spinning out on the corners ( I have a skeg on the bottom of the strut )
cheers ( at the moment ther strut is about 15mm above the riding surface of the hull .
On my 36" .45 nitro sprintcat,,centre of prop is 4-5mm above ride surface(3/16 shaft,,maybe 6-8mm for 1/4" shaft),,no skeg on mine,,x series non lift prop or Prather series with blades well sharpened/balanced,,if there;s too much prop lift and/or slow speed running with a wet nose,they can spin out,pivotting on the nose,,also strut angle to keep the nose up

On my 36" .45 nitro sprintcat,,centre of prop is 4-5mm above ride surface(3/16 shaft,,maybe 6-8mm for 1/4" shaft),,no skeg on mine,,x series non lift prop or Prather series with blades well sharpened/balanced,,if there;s too much prop lift and/or slow speed running with a wet nose,they can spin out,pivotting on the nose,,also strut angle to keep the nose up
My strut has got plenty of angle and im using a 3 bladed prop

Latest posts

Back