Long Shot

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to really thank you for the history with an AMPs engine.
This conversation all started when I found a amp lower and having a kb 75 and of course there are no spare parts, so I started talking to Mike about what or how to make it fit but not to lose the originality to the model.
And no I will never run the engine just going to place it in my show case.
Thank you, now I know how to make it all work and will not alter the amp drive.
Thanks
Greg
Ps How fast did you get an amp to run?
I never ran SAW with the AMPS....I broke the 6 lap 1 mile competition record in Seattle.....Never had it on radar ......in those days
we didn't have radar guns.......all we had was stop watches.....I would estimate I was running somewhere around 50 to 52 mph.....but that is
just a very old guess.....

I never ran SAW with the AMPS....I broke the 6 lap 1 mile competition record in Seattle.....Never had it on radar ......in those days
we didn't have radar guns.......all we had was stop watches.....I would estimate I was running somewhere around 50 to 52 mph.....but that is
just a very old guess.....
That's impressive to think one could run that fast the way the lower unit is built, steel shaft and set screws.
But they where built to race.
It's been great talking with you ,and talking with John Otto yesterday about you telling your experience with the Amps .
John has high remarks for you.
Hope to meet you one day.
Greg

Latest posts

Back