LiPo Starters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Foley

Supporting Member
Looking for some clear photos of the battery mounting scenarios on the Lipo starter setups . Did a search and saw a few . Looking for a 5 S to 6 S setup I guess . Thanks .

I'm using the heavy duty 24 volt rated Dynatron starter now operated on 24 volt gel battery combo and I'm sick of lugging the big box to the pit lol .

I'm using the heavy duty 24 volt rated Dynatron starter now operated on 24 volt gel battery combo and I'm sick of lugging the big box to the pit lol .
Tom you can just hook a lipo up directly to your starter by matching up the plugs. Just don't forget you need a limo charger that can charge your battery. You'll love it lipos last so long on a charge and are so much lighter and smaller than the gell cells.

Ever thought about using something like a spiral cord with the batteries clipped to your belt or in your pocket?
With a quick connect plug on it?
One of my friends used to power up his transmitters this way.,.

Ever thought about using something like a spiral cord with the batteries clipped to your belt or in your pocket?
With a quick connect plug on it?
One of my friends used to power up his transmitters this way.,.
No sir could not do that . Once it starts I'm headed to the stand to do battle . What I have now works great but is really heavy and has to be constantly moved from the start table .

I have basically been using this setup since 2007 converting my nitro setup to lipo. Dynatron with 4MM bullets on about 3 ft of 14-2 lamp cord, 6s Lipo that I change every 3rd year, cheapo Home Deport Canvas tool bag, holds starter, battery, oiler oil, forceps plug wrench, spare belt etc.
PICT0071 (2).JPG PICT0072 (2).JPG PICT0073 (2).JPG PICT0074 (2).JPG PICT0075 (2).JPG

Here is a shot of my old dynatron starter. I used two 3S 2200mah batteries. Ran them thru the high Amp switch that everyone uses. No solinode. I have since built a Boris style. I forgot my starter one day while running my gas twin. I borrowed my friend starter. I liked how much better it started them.
Mike

20210531_145513.jpg

I have basically been using this setup since 2007 converting my nitro setup to lipo. Dynatron with 4MM bullets on about 3 ft of 14-2 lamp cord, 6s Lipo that I change every 3rd year, cheapo Home Deport Canvas tool bag, holds starter, battery, oiler oil, forceps plug wrench, spare belt etc.
View attachment 299774 View attachment 299775 View attachment 299776 View attachment 299777 View attachment 299778
That's what I'm talking about that way all your handling g is the starter not the starter and battery.

Tom,
I also have 2 starters with this setup on them, one for outboards and one for everything else. I have had one of them for 10 or 15 years now and love it.

Attachments

• 900DB22C-D007-4C53-A64D-5AFD57F56E3A.png
    900DB22C-D007-4C53-A64D-5AFD57F56E3A.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Back