LI-PO Batteries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I am only new to model boats and looking at puchasing a 26" Hydroplane, it does not mention what size batteries it takes.

The boat comes with 1880 K V Brushless motor . max current : 54A and .Esc :120A with UBEC.

Can anyone suggest what batteries i need?.

B.Harrington

sounds like a 36mm brushless? 1880 is going to be a 4s motor. you can either run 2 x 2s in parallel or 1 x 4s or 2 x 4s in series. most 36mm motors require at least 3500 mah but the larger capacity the longer the run time and the more amperage available. not knowing what size boat or motor i would not know what to recomend but 4s 5000 mah is common on most RTR brushless boats (this will yeald about 5 minutes of runtime on a properlly set-up boat). once again this can be achieved by 2 x 5000mah 2s in series or 2 x 2500mah 4s in parallel or 1 x 5000mah 4s. a little more info would help with recomendations. you also want to run a minimum of 20c packs, the higher the better because the "c" rating is a direct relation to the available power output of a pack.

check out this forum and other forums at OSE. there is alot of info on batteries there..

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like a 36mm brushless? 1880 is going to be a 4s motor. you can either run 2 x 2s in parallel or 1 x 4s or 2 x 4s in series. most 36mm motors require at least 3500 mah but the larger capacity the longer the run time and the more amperage available. not knowing what size boat or motor i would not know what to recomend but 4s 5000 mah is common on most RTR brushless boats (this will yeald about 5 minutes of runtime on a properlly set-up boat). once again this can be achieved by 2 x 5000mah 2s in series or 2 x 2500mah 4s in parallel or 1 x 5000mah 4s. a little more info would help with recomendations. you also want to run a minimum of 20c packs, the higher the better because the "c" rating is a direct relation to the available power output of a pack.

check out this forum and other forums at OSE. there is alot of info on batteries there..

http://forums.offsho...isplay.php?f=45

Chuck,

I think you mean 2 x 2s in series or 2 x 4s in parrallel.

Brad

Latest posts

Back