Lettering with border

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kez

I am trying to cut the Coors light graphics. I have cut the Coors from a red vinyl sheet. The easy way to create the white border is to lay the Coors lettering on a white vinyl sheet and then cut with the proper amount of border. But this would make the lettering twice as thick. Is there a better way to do this?

I am thinking of masking the Coors lettering when I spray the back background. Then lay the red lettering inside the masked area. Not sure how easy it is to align and center the lettering.

ANy suggestions?

Thanks,

Here is what I am going to try. I am laying a frisket film over the Coors lettering. Then trim around it leaving a 1/8" border. My plan is to lift the frisket + graphics and place it on the boat. Then I will spray the black paint. Since the boat has been painted white, the frisket film should leave a white border around the letters. If it works, I will clear over the whole thing. If the color bleeds under the frisket, I can still peel it off and cut another set slightly oversized

Attachments

• coors.jpeg
    coors.jpeg
    737.8 KB · Views: 24
coud you put the red Coors on the boat and use 1/8th fineline tape exactly around rhe red? Spray the black, peel tape off the white paint and clear it. Will the Frisket give you a perfect edge like the fineline tape would?

I have actually used the Frisket mask and sprayed the black. Then I removed the mask and used a transfer tape to place the red Coors inside the white area. I posted pictures on another thread. But here are the pictures. I liked the results and will use this technique again on future projects.

Attachments

• coors2.jpeg
    coors2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • Coors3.jpg
    Coors3.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 34
I used frisket film long ago in Advertising school that I went to. Great for airbrushing artwork. A lot of work though. I never thought about it for boat painting. Seems to work very well for you. I'll never forget, my teacher stuck frisket to a balloon, and cut a line down the frisket where it was stuck to balloon with an X-acto blade, then pulled one half of the frisket off. It was a perfect cut and he didn't pop the balloon. We were all very impressed.

Back