LeeCraft outboard hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Atwell

F9290FA9-BBEF-487B-B53C-202931BC7776.pngCC2AEB73-66F6-4CFE-BFE4-5011D109A6F9.pngD20EB765-EB6B-4AF8-A61C-2CE18B3F3344.png

Let’s see if any of you know this boat?

Just picked it up, I know it started it’s life as the original LeeCraft tunnel. Anyone know if this was a boat Tommy built or someone’s own custom project? Looks like a great hull/ design, someone converted it to an inboard at some point.

Thanks for any help!

Wow Brandon. Thats cool. It was made from the original 45 Leecraft molds. Post on one of the Nitro pages on Facebook and Tag Tommy and Beth. He will be able to tell you for sure.

Wow Brandon. Thats cool. It was made from the original 45 Leecraft molds. Post on one of the Nitro pages on Facebook and Tag Tommy and Beth. He will be able to tell you for sure.

I actually have Tommy on Facebook I was going to send him a message in a bit! I recognized that nose immediately, we have one of the 45 hulls!
Did you happen to get the molds for these 45 tunnels as well when you got the LeeCraft equipment? I might be in the market for a cowling!

Hope you’re doing well Ron! Too bad we didn’t get to race in sowega this year but we’re looking forward to next year!

I actually have Tommy on Facebook I was going to send him a message in a bit! I recognized that nose immediately, we have one of the 45 hulls!
Did you happen to get the molds for these 45 tunnels as well when you got the LeeCraft equipment? I might be in the market for a cowling!

Hope you’re doing well Ron! Too bad we didn’t get to race in sowega this year but we’re looking forward to next year!

Very kewl brandon, let's get the sport-21 class going again in the Grand Prix and let's run it.

Thanks Brandon. We missed racing with yiu guys at SOWEGA as well. I have the latest Leecraft 7.5 molds as well as the early 3.5 molds that match the 7.5 hull used to make that hydro. I believe Mic had the older 7.5 molds and he used them to create the 7.5 tunnel he builds. I am not sure if he made new molds from a plug or modified the old mold for his design. He will have your answer for sure.

I have the original 45 molds and use a wax plug in the deck to allow the different downforce cowling I made to fit. I also use some shims in the mold to narrow the last part of the stepped sponson. Haven't built on in a few years but Jay did take home a US-1 with that boat. Great rough water hull.
That's an interesting Hydro adaptation that might work better as .21 than a .45. The original tunnel was only 32".
Mic

I have the original 45 molds and use a wax plug in the deck to allow the different downforce cowling I made to fit. I also use some shims in the mold to narrow the last part of the stepped sponson. Haven't built on in a few years but Jay did take home a US-1 with that boat. Great rough water hull.
That's an interesting Hydro adaptation that might work better as .21 than a .45. The original tunnel was only 32".
Mic

Do you still have the original cowling mold Mic?
I’ve been waiting for a good time to call you about those Nelson parts and pipes as well. Just got back in from Sebring, been traveling with my internship shooting some car races. Anytime this week that will work best for you?

Figured I would update the thread

Sent Tommy a message yesterday, he said the boat was not one of his projects but it is definitely from a LeeCraft .45.
Think I will get it in and look at bolting on a .21 like Mic, and Tommy, mentioned given the dimensions.

If anyone recognizes the boat either way would love to know the history!

Brando.. I still have the mold for the Aeroslot style cowl for the one I got from mic..

I have ZERO use for it.. maybe somebody wants it.. they pay shipping I will send it anyplace US.

Grim

p.s. I should go on to say.. this mold was a bit down and dirty.. it only needed to pull one cowl but would likely do more. The scoop on the top was a carved wood piece.

Attachments

• Stuff (2).jpg
    Stuff (2).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Brando.. I still have the mold for the Aeroslot style cowl for the one I got from mic..

I have ZERO use for it.. maybe somebody wants it.. they pay shipping I will send it anyplace US.

Grim

p.s. I should go on to say.. this mold was a bit down and dirty.. it only needed to pull one cowl but would likely do more.

Yo Grim!

Let me know the shipping cost, 32226.

I’ve been wanting to build dad a scale- like setup and that would be perfect to adapt to a hull we have also. Got a good fiberglass guy here so at the worst the mold can be cleaned up to take another round of cowlings.

Hope you’re doing well, when all this COVID is “over” I hope we can catch you at a race soon!

44 dollars.. WHOLIE SH.......................... I AM LIVING IN THE PAST! lol

Let me check Greyhound

Grim

Shipping ain’t no joke anymore! Wow that’s crazy!
If you’re in no hurry Mike we can work something out next week? Just had to book a winter trip tonight so next week would work better?

Thanks man!

BA, NO HURRY LITTLE BRO... its been chilling here for over 10 years.. it aint going anyplace!

Keep me posted.

Grim

Latest posts

Back