KRE 90 Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a very limited number of KRE 90 engines available ready to go.
Price $875AU, with Bearing removal and Installation tools. ( bearings cannot be removed with heat being fitted in a steel housing)

Same Header, Crankshaft thread and engine mount dimensions as Cmb 91.

Ken
View attachment 297544
Ken,
When you say the same engine mount dimensions as the CMB .91, is that the RS Evo Zimmerman disk engines or the HR/VAC drum engines?
Great looking bullet either way.

What can you tell us about it Ken ? Any pics of it torn down?

Rod ? Aluminum/Steel/Other ?
Bushed? Needle? bushed pin end?
Single/Double counterweight crank ?
Drum/Disk/Bell Rotor ?
#ports on sleeve? ABC or other?
Piston details ?
Head volume/ details?
Timings?
Carb details ? low speed needle ? opening size?

I know this is asking a lot from a manufacturer,
But if people are going to spend this kind of money for a motor, they should be able to make an informed decision.

Gambling 700 bucks based on a picture of an assembled motor is not smart ..

Buckshot, Same as the Evo/RS series.

Ok, The important bits!!

Bore 28mm, Stroke24 mm
Conrod 48mm Centres. Made from S7 Shock resistant tool steel, vacuum heat treated. Bushed top end, Needle rollers on crankpin.
Conrod is guided by the piston, no friction rubbing on the crank.
Crankshaft Bearings C3 clearance, polyamide cage, are held between a precision spacer on the inner races that sets end float and locks bearing inner races solidly to crank.
The case has a Steel bearing housing that is shrink fitted into the case to eliminate movement. Think of it as a one piece case/bearing housing.
14mm Bore carb, Yes its a KRE carb! 15mm ID balanced and ramped drum running in a bronze bush.
Hard chromed brass liner, One Exhaust port, 2 Transfer and 2 Boost ports. 30% Silicon billet piston, Pin is retained by a Teflon button, so No circlips to worry about.
0.9cc head volume. Headbolts are not exposed to water jacket, no rusting. Standard Glow Plug.

Timings, Exhaust, 185, Transfers, Boost, 128, Induction, 236 Duration, closing @65 ATDC

Attachments

• 20211112_095533.jpg
    20211112_095533.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 200
  • 20211112_095316.jpg
    20211112_095316.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 205
  • 20211112_095751.jpg
    20211112_095751.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 202
I have one of these and they really are a testament to Ken's ability as an engineer. they are really beautifully made with some very clever features. I have been building a large scale tether hydro boat to run this engine in. I have not yet run the boat as I need to make a venturi to replace the carb but I have bench run in and it has been very easy to get going and seems to scream. I can't wait to get the boat running.

Ken - Can I get a bearing removal tool from you when you make your next batch please? - No rush

Also, Have you done any turbo plug heads for it? if so I would be interested in a couple

Ricky

could you please post a better photo of the launch handle ....what a great idea......cant launch my twin because of a bad right shoulder thanks

Found another twin video with Ken and his KRE90's

Nice tool to launch it on your own👍

This is remind me when I first see Sarah Brooks raced 45 hydro in 2006 in Norway. Was impressed by speed of the boat from one and calmness of this girl form other side.

Back