Klass Kote Greens

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DeKupps by Devilbiss. Disposable paint cups are the way to go. I can clean my gun with about 6 oz of thinner and takes about as long as cleaning an airbrush. With the airbrush, I gotta clean the cup too.

While the painters are gathered , I'm looking for small measuring containers to mix 8:1 catalyzed automotive paints in very small quantities for use with my airbrush . I find myself wasting a lot of paint because I can't accurately measure small quantities . thanks .
Medicine dosing cops. 30cc total volume
Also measures in teaspoons

KEZ Did you you the satin or gloss 2X? The gloss does not lay down as well as the satin and has to be sanded. JB

KEZ Did you you the satin or gloss 2X? The gloss does not lay down as well as the satin and has to be sanded. JB

Jerry, I did use the Rustoleum 2X gloss because that's what they had at the time. Actually, gloss paint is not a bad idea as it will make imperfections stand out. I like to sand the entire boat with 600 before clear and the gloss paint would let me know if there is any spot that I missed. I plan to let the paint harden for a week before I clear it. Will let you know how it works out
Thanks, k

Always fog on first coat. It always helps with incompatibility issues and sticks much better. Just think of what a pain in the A%$ it is to clean over spray off of something. "One good coat of paint" is never a good coat of paint.

So the Rustoleum 2X has been drying for a week. It is softer than epoxy paint for sure. I applied the graphics after wet sanding the entire hull with 1000 paper. I used KlassKote clear. For a small job like this, I am too lazy to use my touch up gun. I decided to give the Prevail sprayer a try.

The sprayer actually did a pretty good job with lower pressure than a touch up gun. It sprays like HVLP. It came out OK. It will not win any concur for sure but I just want to put some color on it and go run. Oh, it does not show in the photo. But while leaving it out in the backyard to dry, a gust of wind blew a sheet of plastic on the still wet paint...I will need to wet sand it out and recoat. The KlassKote clear appeared to be compatible with the Rustoleum.

Attachments

• Coors3.jpg
    Coors3.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back