Kalistratov engines?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Niklas!

Glad to see the caged needle roller is gone from the rod.

What pipe did it like in your testing?

Tim

Tempted Wayne, believe me! I'm on a self imposed boat spending ban at the moment though :huh: Need to sell some other boat stuff before buying more boat stuff!

Tim: tested it for a day = total 5L of fuel only. And only by myself - no other boats around and no racing of-course. And note, we run under strict dB rules (82) so all must be muffled.

- NR50900

- Cooper

- Really Fat CMB pipe that has lots of volume - see-trough muffler - Looks like the 45 EVO pipe but with a shorter muffler

The NR one feels like it gives out the most peak performance but it takes the longest to get there. So maybe not the best heat-racing pipe for our type of racing. Way, way too loud.

Cooper is good but also way, way, way too loud.

The fat CMB pipe worked the best at this simple test and its by far the most quite. As is, I think it can be raced at 82dB rules.

But now the fall weather is over us so Im not sure how much more testing we can do. For sure I need to test more pipes and lengths of pipes and find good set-up vs the prop also. And now when the boat is 10-15kmh faster I need to start developing that also... :rolleyes:

Niklas

it is tim will look at it all next year ive got a 45 sprint new unbuilt that needs an engine & more 90 bits as well. but priorities are first like yourself.

Tim: tested it for a day = total 5L of fuel only. And only by myself - no other boats around and no racing of-course. And note, we run under strict dB rules (82) so all must be muffled.

- NR50900

- Cooper

- Really Fat CMB pipe that has lots of volume - see-trough muffler - Looks like the 45 EVO pipe but with a shorter muffler

The NR one feels like it gives out the most peak performance but it takes the longest to get there. So maybe not the best heat-racing pipe for our type of racing. Way, way too loud.

Cooper is good but also way, way, way too loud.

The fat CMB pipe worked the best at this simple test and its by far the most quite. As is, I think it can be raced at 82dB rules.

But now the fall weather is over us so Im not sure how much more testing we can do. For sure I need to test more pipes and lengths of pipes and find good set-up vs the prop also. And now when the boat is 10-15kmh faster I need to start developing that also... :rolleyes:

Niklas
Thanks Niklas! Great info. I suspect with this engines different bore/stroke/rod angle that finding the right pipe and prop combination (rather than just using what works on other engines) would be very beneficial.

Hi guys this is is a long shot
I am chasing a K 90 muffled pipe the genuine one not the copy who has one they would like to sell and I am in Australia

Back