K&B won't start, damaged piston

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Wolfrom

I cannot get a particular ABC piston sleeve started. It was brand new never started extra stock until I dropped the piston, sanded the burrs off and installed it. The squish was within tolerance and I tried two different nItro fuels. Could my butterfingers have caused this issue?

On turn over there is compression like new with the glow plug installed. The piston sleeve came from an unused 12mm crankshaft K&B outboard. The OB started with my old K&B inboard piston sleeve, the one I wanted to replace to renew and replace an ever so slightly bent con rod. The new sleeve and piston won't start in either the OB or IB engines, when alighned to the respective exhaust port. The only macroscopic difference in the two is the OB exhaust port has a vertical bridge left from manufacturing (guessing to let the piston pin face either direction) and a fatter con rod. Timing is the same in both, making me think my old inboard sleeve wasn't the best for the tuned pipe I'm running.

just asking are you sure that your start is turning the right direction to start the inboard engine, and may not be getting any fuel, fuel line could be clogged.

Latest posts

Back