K&b 3.5 temp

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never heard of such a procedure...most everyone including myself gets the engine started and tuned to where it will run on the bench and then toss it in....after a good run check the plug condition...then make a needle change if nessesary...if its the gold head SS engine some use a temp gun to get to an optimal head temp much like the buggy guys..
If your running water cooled head I would recommend using the k&b fitting that reduces the water to the head..that will keep the head hot for a better fuel burn

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-07-23-18-40-01.png
    Capture+_2020-07-23-18-40-01.png
    425.3 KB · Views: 98
I read somewhere years ago ,what the temp should be up to before it hits the water. Just don't remember if it was 160 or 180 or even 200.

I have never read any info on this.. I suspect if it could hit the water at operating temperature great.. BUT.. i suspect it would make little difference.. truth is I would launch at a cooler temp so heat does not become part of a lean condition on launch.
Grim

Latest posts

Back