K&B 3.5 Outboard Set Screw

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1olddog

Anybody know what size allen wrench the set screw on the drive dog on a K&B 3.5 cc outboard takes ? I looked on Mecoa's site but found no info about it.

I just checked one I have here and it looks like it's a pressed in roll pin. You should be able to tap it out. But it comes as one assembly. Is the dog worn out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just checked one I have here and it looks like it's a pressed in roll pin. You should be able to tap it out. But it comes as one assembly. Is the dog worn out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I didn't have a small enough punch so I used a small allen wrench and tapped it out. The unit had a lot of wobble in it and I thought I might be able to put a brass sleeve in it to take the wobble out.This little prop shaft assemblies are costly so I thought I might be able to rebuild it.

I suggest replacing it with a Hyperformance unit. They are much more durable. I have rebuilt both 3.5 and 7.5 K&B shaft assemblies using K&B bushings. My attempts with bronze bushings didn't work as well. Even so. the rebuilt K&B units develop play very quickly.

Lohring Miller

Thanks everyone for the replies. I sold a K&B 3.5 cut for an electric conversion to a guy and gave him this prop shaft assembly in case he wants to try to fix it.

Back