Just in case you thought I was going soft!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danny,, are you starting on 1 plug ?

I saw a guy back a few year ago that made a glove with a 2 volt cell attached to it along with two wires that came down to copper contacts on the thumb and index finger.
Once the motor cranked, he would touch his finger to each plug ... you could hear a change in the motor...

I saw a guy back a few year ago that made a glove with a 2 volt cell attached to it along with two wires that came down to copper contacts on the thumb and index finger.
Once the motor cranked, he would touch his finger to each plug ... you could hear a change in the motor...
Only light 1 plug. Once it’s up to temperature, all the elements are.
however, back in 1992 Andy and I rode up to Indy with our twins. Both camp 90 2 plug head motors. And even by today’s standard, they were heavily modified. Well neither of us were aware or prepared for it to be like 48 degrees when we arrived. Lol! So headed to get warmer clothes.
Anyway, I was running 33% in mine and Andy probably 50%. And it was much easier starting both boats while powering both plugs at once.
but I suspect that is different now due to compression.

Last edited:

I’ve tested 3 plug heads several times for years. I have cranked on 1 and launched, and I have cranked on 1 and then put the igniter on the other 2 just to be sure, never heard or saw a difference. Jeff Lutz

Back