"JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT"change the future nitro outboard RC boating

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi:
Nitro isnt dead, or will be for a very long time!

I will be releasing my KRE 90 for general sale in the near future. Its taken me 10+ years to get this far. Not stopping now!
To make it worthwhile, i have had to save and purchase my own machine tools, them learn how to use them.
I do everything in house, Everything!! bar the heat treatment.

In the last 12 months i have added a real CNC Lathe and CNC Mill to increase production. Before this it was all done on manual machines. Once i have a handle on them and the programming there will be engines available.

In the future i will be producing other capacities also. .45 possibly first.
Hi everyone:
This is not serious !! ... the world of glow or gas boats is getting bigger and better every day ...
Also, don't tell me the gasoline runs out, because I just bought a NEW 3.5cc BOAT, for FSR-V racing!

Nitro isnt dead, or will be for a very long time!

I will be releasing my KRE 90 for general sale in the near future. Its taken me 10+ years to get this far. Not stopping now!
To make it worthwhile, i have had to save and purchase my own machine tools, them learn how to use them.
I do everything in house, Everything!! bar the heat treatment.

In the last 12 months i have added a real CNC Lathe and CNC Mill to increase production. Before this it was all done on manual machines. Once i have a handle on them and the programming there will be engines available.

In the future i will be producing other capacities also. .45 possibly first.
Ken, you are sooo right buddy. Your workmanship is over the top so even if/when Nova cranks back up again another srong engine line will only make nitro boat racing even stronger. Good luck!!

Great read....Miss ya Rod.

Interest in the hobby has nothing to do with $. Every hobby/sport is based on the experience it brings to the consumer. Time is the most valuable commodity there is. Justification of using ones time for this particular experience gets compared with every other experience regardless of the cost. I miss the people and the hobby dearly as I was raised around you.
As I have grown up, there are other experiences I value more with my time. I feel lucky to have had these experiences, and that my father brought me in to your community. Life is busy. Work, relationships, marriage, family, children, etc. It draws you in all directions.

Technology has changed everything. The world is a small place. A.D.D. is a character trait now. Most racing organizations are experiencing this, not just us.....Im not sure where the sport is going, but I'm blessed to have experienced a small piece of it.

Larry Gempp Jr.

Thanks for your efforts Rod. I know that you don't want to see outboards die anymore than the rest of us but cost is now paired with availability. The days of cheap RC outboards are gone and apparently nobody has an answer to cost or they would have already slammed that product on the market. People love to whine and cry about cost and you turn around and those same people will buy a $800.00 carbon fiber gas boat have a $300.00 paint job done on it and load it with the best engine and hardware money can buy and pay other people to put it all together for them. I know a gas guy who has over $4,000,00 in ONE BOAT!

Plus this same guy has (and I am not exaggerating) at least $5,000.00 worth of props as well. Competitive RTR gas props are $150 each and some props only certain people can get. Expensive is a different amount for each racer. Yes, you can buy a gas engine for half the cost of the O/S and Yes, you can but a $69.00 wood kit to build and all that sounds really good but by the time you buy everything you need to finish that $69.00 kit (not counting the time spent to finish it) you may have been better off just to buy a RTR boat and then when you put your budget gas boat out there at a site like the VooDoo club you will need to make sure your cowling seals up nice and tight because your budget boat will get drenched in turn one buy the high dollars boys and there you go... The budget boat goes on ebay Monday morning and you are then getting what they have. It's nothing new.

I don't own a gas boat but I enjoy helping Mike with his. They are large and you can run them in a lot of wind and like you said once you get it done gas is cheap. There are some who love nitro outboards and will continue to deal with the endless issues of manufacturing cost and availability of racing outboards. We will still race. We will still complain but at the end of the day we will find a way to race outboards.

Mercury stopped building the Mark 20-H over 70 years ago and they are still being raced today. The hard core racers will find a way to race. If Nova Rossi can not find a way to come back to production there are enough of their engines out there to last many years to come.

I think we can all agree that Nova Rossi is the finest outboard ever built.

-Carl
I have many kb stock outboards I would like to unload, some are brand new and mostly 7.5 cc with stock lower ends.

Back