JetChopper30 mono deep v hull FRP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
00002183_2160.JPG
00002184_2160.JPG
00002185_2160.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice set up with the mill. Was at Sea Ray and thy have 2 mills like that but doing 50Ft boat molds.

Thy use spray on epoxy so if there is a design change or a mistake thy can just spray on more and re-cut.

David

JetChopper30 the first made item:

00001961.jpg

00001963.jpg

00001964.jpg

Forthcoming items would be joined by coloured resin to make the joint invisible.

00001965.jpg
00001967.jpg
00001975.jpg

It is not a NAMBA legal mono hull because of the flat keel. Must come to a point.

Mike
Hello Mike,

NAMBA rule book is interesting:

Eventually reread the latest NAMBA rule book.

***PAD is legal in electric offshore, mono, deep v, cat***

Section # 28

Page # 9

Section Name: ELECTRIC

Revised 5/15/11

2. OFFSHORE CLASSES

ii) Stepped hulls and flat keel ride pads will be allowed on both Deep Vee and Catamaran type hulls.

***PAD is illegal in deep v***

Section # 23

Page # 1 of 2

Section Name DEEP VEE

Official Rule Book Revised 3/15/06

C. HULL SPECIFICATIONS

2. The angle at the bottom of the keel line must be a V from transom to bow. No flat

pads are permitted on the keel line.

***PAD is legal in GAS***

Section # 27

Page # 3

Section Name: GAS

Revised 2/19/08

C. HULL SPECIFICATIONS

2. Monoplane

a. Mono hulls must have a single riding surface at planing speeds. This planing

surface may be flat or a V configuration.

So I believe the PAD is legal in mono, illegal in deep v.

Happy rc boating,

Leo

As boaters suggested. Need a stronger boat bottom. Tested with one with the rear 55% of the bottom and transom made with double fiber layers, equivalent to 600g/m^2. Weight increased by 90g. Feel that the bottom is now very strong. The hull weight is now 850g.

Believe that can make the whole bottom and transom with double fiber layers and can maintain the same shipping cost. Estimated hull weight should be 880g.

Hello boaters,

Since the bottom made with 600g/m^2 fiber. JetChopper30 hull specification changed to:

Weight(new): 850g(1.87lbs)

Bottom and transom shell thickness(new): 2mm

Deck and hatch shell thickness: 1.4mm

Length: 760mm(29.92inches)

Width: 230mm(9.06inches)

Height: 129.5mm(5.1inches)

Deck to keel height: 100.6mm(3.96inches)

Resin: polyester

Fiber: MAT, 300g/m^2 for deck and hatch, 600g/m^2 for bottom and transom

Surface material: gel coat

The bottom and transom are now very strong. Yet, some sort of rails, connecting rods for the motor mount are still highly recommended.

Happy rc boating,

Leo

Hi Leo, nice to see you here. I bought a hull from you thru eBay back when I was living in Hawaii in 2003-ish. It was a nice looking boat, but unfortunately I moved before I could get around to build it. The hull is still in Maui o_O I should try and have a friend find it for me and ship it. Maybe it'll finally get built nearly 10 years later!

Hi Leo, nice to see you here. I bought a hull from you thru eBay back when I was living in Hawaii in 2003-ish. It was a nice looking boat, but unfortunately I moved before I could get around to build it. The hull is still in Maui o_O I should try and have a friend find it for me and ship it. Maybe it'll finally get built nearly 10 years later!
Hello Danny,

FRP boat hull is long lasting. 10 years not a problem. Please let me know any questions on building.

Have a new product here. See the pictures and video please.

Leo

Hope this is ok to post here thanks to Tony aka properchopper we came up with a windshield design for the JetChopper here is what it looks like. I think they came out pretty sweet looking and add some extra character to an already awesome looking boat!

If anyone is interested in them feel free to PM me.

jetchopperwindshield.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We tested with different RUDDER SETUP. Found that this setup has pretty good stability to turn at full thottle:

00002760.JPG

http://www.modelgasboats.com/resources/tips-and-tricks/tuning/

Refer to Glenn Cupit's article on rudder set up, RUDDER "CASTER", A LITTLE CAR TALK, BACK TO BOATS. Articles talk about rudder length and rudder lift. With many testing, I got the following conclusion on JetChopper30 set up:

Offset the rudder 55mm to the right. Pretty stable turn at full throttle. Rudder too close to the centre line has too much prop., keel lift, lower turn stability. In perfect situation, rudder lift just balance the prop., keel lift.

Happy rc boating,

Leo
JC30_transom_V8.gif

Latest posts

Back