JERSEY SKIFF HULL WITH FE MOTOR???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLAN YUEN

I wonder that Did anyone use FE big motor 56mmx106 mm with Jersey Skiff ? what is second opinion? Good or Bad ?
I remembered that watched to Racing Jersey Skiff boat with gas engine at Hobart IN so Great Fun Racing

No reason you could not replace a gas motor with an appropriate FE motor, but skiffs are not going to benefit from higher power. They are practically on the verge of out control already.

We have guys running fe jersey skiffs in our club. But they are smaller than the gas boats. I believe they are running a leopard 4074 on 4s. Mic can tell you better

Jersey Skiff.JPGJersey Skiff.JPGJersey Skiff.JPG
This from our 2020 FE Champs
Skiffs are 30" and on 4S we use 4074 motors. A 3660 is underpowered and above a 4074 you just spin out harder and faster.
Mic

Here's some vids of the early 32 1/2" prototype I built for an RC Boat Modeler article that ended up being used for advertising on Remy's site. I never got it really dialed in because I really don't have any benchmark on what "dialed in" looks like .:rolleyes:
This has an AQ 1800 motor for a JS "Ltd. class -

We had a three boat class at Winter Warmups but the third boat had an exothermal episode so just me & Pat ran next heats. On the one after this we were encouraged to remove our blindfolds ...

Last edited:
Back