JD's WOF plans

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert, that's so true.. If I wasn't building for PTI, I'd be neck deep in building WOF myself. Heading to the pond in a hour and have my 34" WOF ready to run.

I found the instruction sheets for the 47" Solution. They should be a good guide for building any of the kits. Granted, the cowls for the smaller boats will be purchased, not built.

Attachments

• Solution 1.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
  • Solution 2.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
I found the instruction sheets for the 47" Solution. They should be a good guide for building any of the kits. Granted, the cowls for the smaller boats will be purchased, not built.
Thanks for posting the Solution article. Jeez, that was a lot of text. I probably won't build another WOF Tunnel. But this past winter I did built a WOF 20 Kneeler and that WOF 1/10 Scale Miss Houston that I showed in a thread.
JD

Attachments

• 20 Kneeler.jpg
    20 Kneeler.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 43
Your kneeler Jerry is great, I think your build article on it was in the last printed edition of RCBM, before it went digital, still going to build mine, from your original plan you sent to me on CD

Thanks for posting the Solution article. Jeez, that was a lot of text. I probably won't build another WOF Tunnel. But this past winter I did built a WOF 20 Kneeler and that WOF 1/10 Scale Miss Houston that I showed in a thread.
JD
Now wait a minute, I thought you were the "King of WOF" JD. You're not saying the calendar is catching up with you, are you?

Now wait a minute, I thought you were the "King of WOF" JD. You're not saying the calendar is catching up with you, are you?
Let's just say there's way more water in back of the transom than there is water in front of the sponsons. :)
Completely off topic, but I can go fishing with my son starting May 5. Not sure if we will ever be able to start racing our model boats any time this spring/summer/fall.
JD

We won't be racing until mid June, according the the R/C U website, in Ellensberg so, depending on what the wife wants..................

Robert, that's so true.. If I wasn't building for PTI, I'd be neck deep in building WOF myself. Heading to the pond in a hour and have my 34" WOF ready to run.
Hi Mark
Would it be possible to get the JD WOF plans from you?
I’m interested in tunnel racing and investigating some of the different kits and plans out there. I have contacted JD and he mentioned you as having the plans.
Thanks!
-Sam

Hi Mark
Would it be possible to get the JD WOF plans from you?
I’m interested in tunnel racing and investigating some of the different kits and plans out there. I have contacted JD and he mentioned you as having the plans.
Thanks!
-Sam

Sam,

Which plans do you want? If you wish to have the 34" plans, post / pm me your email and they will be sent. The others can be downloaded on the first page of this thread.

Sam, files were sent. Believe you have 7 days to get them. They can always be resent.

Ok, so I was bored... Who isn't? Found another container of old Boat mags. Guess what I found..

The Sponson repair was included, as it was written by the master himself, due to the fact I have a boat that needs this to be done to it. Now, to hear the full story about why this boat needs to be repaired, is to be told by the master himself! Boat is a WOF prototype to the TS2. JD gave me the boat with the understanding I would create site to do the process. This was after I made the site to build WOF's. Life happens, the boat is still in my collection, waiting on repair.

Edit: 29 WOF was listed as 27 WOF. Renamed and reloaded.

Attachments

• 27 Frame instructions.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 67
  • 28-30 WOF instructions.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
  • 34 WOF instructions.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 58
  • Sponson repair.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 29 WOF instructions.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Ok, so I was bored... Who isn't? Found another container of old Boat mags. Guess what I found..

The Sponson repair was included, as it was written by the master himself, due to the fact I have a boat that needs this to be done to it. Now, to hear the full story about why this boat needs to be repaired, is to be told by the master himself! Boat is a WOF prototype to the TS2. JD gave me the boat with the understanding I would create site to do the process. This was after I made the site to build WOF's. Life happens, the boat is still in my collection, waiting on repair.

Edit: 29 WOF was listed as 27 WOF. Renamed and reloaded.
Great to see these articles. Thanks for posting them. Just started a new 3S "Kneeler" today. Last Friday our Governor extended the stay home timeline to the end of this month and gatherings maybe not until mid July. Figured I might as well build something with the scraps of plywood I had laying around the shop. The size of the scraps were just right for a 23" small Kneeler.
JD

Thank you Mark for taking the time to post all this info...its a big help...and awesome info...cant wait to put fuel and some fire to the engine and get the hull wet...

Hi, I'm new here but I'm not new to outboard tunnels. I have been out of the hobby for some time and want to get back into racing. I was wondering if I can get the plans to the Dunlap 27 in pdf? I purchased the plans for this boat but want to have the parts cut and could use a pdf for the cutters.
Thanks,
Lee

Back