JAE Twin45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking ahead on running drivelines. Found a set of plans online that flared out the struts instead of running them straight from the engine. Anyone else tried this? Not sure if this is needed for prop clearance. Worried there is no room for the rudder bracket. Anyone know of any reason they should be flared? Thanks for any comments.

I have not checked mine, I will tonight when I get home, but I was planning on moving my struts outward to allow for prop clearance, I don't think you will have enough room. I have not looked at rudder yet but plan on adding a brace down the side of tub to help support it. I hope to do my shafts this weekend. What motors are you putting in yours?

There was once a twin 45 built on the forum and I saved some pictures on my computer. I don't know who built it, but you can see he added an extra triangle to support the rudder.

Attachments

• jae45 twin-5.jpg
    jae45 twin-5.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 262
Thanks for your follow up information. Not sure on the engines. Trying to decide between Nova Rossi, CMB or maybe the new OPS. Will look forward to hear how your shaft installation went.

You have to put a horizontal "s" bend in the stuffing box to allow for prop diameter. I also had to make my own mold for the cowl to accommodate the narrow tub. I think I still have some pics if anyone needs them.

Thanks for the follow up confirming the need to spread the struts further apart. Would be interested to see your cowl pics if you still have them.

Some pics of the first pulls of your cowl Nick. Will get carbon done this weekend
Brad

Attachments

• DSC_0063.JPG
    DSC_0063.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0064.JPG
    DSC_0064.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0066.JPG
    DSC_0066.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0065.JPG