JAE History

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have built all the hydro's from .12 to the 90-101 ( except the twin) and all have ran great!!! I built a 45 boat for nitrosniffer that went to the worlds in Holland and placed #3, his first worlds and a great podium finish!! The first time I saw the JAE, I though that when it went into the corner it would just roll over but was I wrong!!! They are just an amazing boat design that works!! I built a OPS 90 powered 101 that was scary fast until a dog distracted the driver and the Calgary pond shoreline claimed another one. The next JAE that I will build will be the twin for Kevin T. and as always will be a runner!!

Thanks to the JAE team for the development of a great line of boats and products

Brad

Thank you all for an interesting story line and personal experiences.

It is important for the hobby to survive that people share their ideas, and put those ideas into practice.

Al Hobbs

Excellent read, Mr. Rod... Physics first. Any engineer worth his salt is aware that form follows function.

Thanks for the flat plane history lesson.

Thanks-

Tim

Talk to David Preusse ..... he has a JAE twin and it runs well....I am sure he has some suggestions for you to consider...

I have built all the hydro's from .12 to the 90-101 ( except the twin) and all have ran great!!! I built a 45 boat for nitrosniffer that went to the worlds in Holland and placed #3, his first worlds and a great podium finish!! The first time I saw the JAE, I though that when it went into the corner it would just roll over but was I wrong!!! They are just an amazing boat design that works!! I built a OPS 90 powered 101 that was scary fast until a dog distracted the driver and the Calgary pond shoreline claimed another one. The next JAE that I will build will be the twin for Kevin T. and as always will be a runner!!

Thanks to the JAE team for the development of a great line of boats and products

Brad

Talk to David Preusse ..... he has a JAE twin and it runs well....I am sure he has some suggestions for you to consider...

Brad

Aware of all that....thinking it might be at the power that they transmit and receive that causes problems....don't really know ....

As long as I am still standing and my BVD's remain clean and I smell like Irish Spring I am....."VERY HAPPY"
default_laugh.png

Not my cordless phones...lol....and at 76 I ain't having any babies.....

cordless land line phones are 2.4, baby monitors etc.

dean
Wireless router, Bluetooth, cellphones, smart TV's

Aware of all that....thinking it might be at the power that they transmit and receive that causes problems....don't really know ....

As long as I am still standing and my BVD's remain clean and I smell like Irish Spring I am....."VERY HAPPY"
default_laugh.png

Not my cordless phones...lol....and at 76 I ain't having any babies.....

cordless land line phones are 2.4, baby monitors etc.

dean
Wireless router, Bluetooth, cellphones, smart TV's
Lol very true

I will, and I hope you get back into it. Hope to see you at a race and meet you!! Any of the new riggers out there pretty much look like a JAE, SGX or Road Runner or version there of. I have a 90 Coyote that I will power with old school 90 OPS. I changed the cowl out to cover the monster motor but other than that it is built stock.

Thanks

Brad

Brad
I have a twin 80 JAE...she is QUICK. Im building another one for Nitro race in Jan . All my heat racing rigs are JAE's 21/45/67/90/Twin 80s. . Joe Warren bought David Shower's 45.90 JAE. WTH???
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron, Thank you for a job well done!! When I first saw your JAE design I was skeptical of it since it deviated so far from the norm. History tells us that you were correct not only in your design but that boaters would actually build their own hulls if the construction was simple and straight forward. When the free plans first came out a number of guys ask me to build them a hull. I originally built three from the plans and a few after ZIPP made them available in kit form. My son Mile and I still enjoy designing, building and racing our own designed hulls because of the satisfaction we get when the designs prove out. I am sure you can appreciate why we do this. Brian N. is a fine young man that has come a long way in two years. Brian is a member of our club (OWMBC) and is always eager to learn and share what information he has received with others. He has done justice to the JAE hulls. Look for him to be a consistent winner in the future. Thanks again for sharing helpful information with me in the past, when others would have hidden it under a towel. Jerry Betke

The JAE's are fantastic and easy to build, with the larger twin 80-90 JAE's , are people enlarging the twin 45 design, or enlarging the 67-80 design JAE ????

Latest posts

Back