JAE 45 turnfin dimensions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Fonda

Just trying to find out the best or recommended fin depth , from the waterline to bottom of curve as I'm making a staino fin from .050" plate,that attaches to a 1/8" alum plate, above the waterline,and bolted to the sponson for some reduced weight,added stiffness and more adjustability,,I guesstimated the original fin I made from alum,,and it's maybe a bit deeper than necessary and extra drag,although it turns well/tight,,also a good or recomended lenght from lead edge to trail would help me,,I'm assuming the LE and TE are fairly parallel,,cheers

just order one from CD Machine ,(David Preusse).
Thanks for the advice Ron,but my tub height and centreline are higher than a stock jae,and my mounting holes might be different,and probably need a longer fin than stock,so I was trying to get an idea on fin depth below the waterline to use as a datum point for the overall lenght needed

Thanks for the advice Ron,but my tub height and centreline are higher than a stock jae,and my mounting holes might be different,and probably need a longer fin than stock,so I was trying to get an idea on fin depth below the waterline to use as a datum point for the overall lenght needed
Ok not sure why you raised tub height ,but ok.

Ok not sure why you raised tub height ,but ok.
Just my dislike of water filling up the engine compartment when the boat stops and floats,,lol,,I made the tub sides around 2",,performs well otherwise,and easy to build,,a credit to you guys that designed it,,If you could give me an idea of how much of the fin is in the water,,I'd appreciate it,,cheers

Just my dislike of water filling up the engine compartment when the boat stops and floats,,lol,,I made the tub sides around 2",,performs well otherwise,and easy to build,,a credit to you guys that designed it,,If you could give me an idea of how much of the fin is in the water,,I'd appreciate it,,cheers
i will check tonight

3 inches wide x 1-7/8 deep

Back