JAE 45 ski mods

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a drawing for a 2 degree ski and compared it to the old 3 degree ski. The new ski is about 8" longer, is that correct?

ski Jae45 2 degrees.pdf

Attachments

• ski Jae45 2 degrees.pdf
    11.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:
So while you guys are talking about the ski what is this im hearing about the outside sponson catching and flipping the JAEs at high

speeds . Every one that are doing 85+ are having this problem it seems are we going to angle the Skis also . Im looking at a 101

single JAE and the outside sponson is going to be rounded or beviled like the eagles crapshooter and others . So whats up sounds like the next step also thanks Charlie

I made a drawing for a 2 degree ski and compared it to the old 3 degree ski. The new ski is about 8" longer, is that correct?
Paul, after about 10" at 2 degrees you can then change the angle and take it up quicker at 4 or 5 degrees. You should end up at about the same length.

David

So while you guys are talking about the ski what is this im hearing about the outside sponson catching and flipping the JAEs at high

speeds . Every one that are doing 85+ are having this problem it seems are we going to angle the Skis also . Im looking at a 101

single JAE and the outside sponson is going to be rounded or beviled like the eagles crapshooter and others . So whats up sounds like the next step also thanks Charlie
Charles, about 2 years ago I built a sponson almost identical to yours and sent it to Ron Zaker to test. It turns out that the turn fin was causing the problem. What you have done will not hurt anything and might even help a little. But even with the edge taken off the sponson the JAE design still depends on the turn fin holding in the corners. Thanks for posting your picture. Let us know how you boat runs.
David

Want to take this opportunity to Thank Joe for the modified skis he sent

Called him and asked for them and and one for Tims boat and he shipped no hassles

Service at its best

Thank You Joe!

Richard

Yes that will work just fine.........You can also make the ski the same length and just have another flat plane surface the last 2-3"

of the ski go straight up to the bottom of the boat......."don't make it rounded surface up to the bottom of the boat"......

Charles did you get the pipe I sent you?

Dude thats a nice pipe . Im hoping to get my 1/8 scale in the 70s

Rod, David, thanks for clearing it out. I made a new design and tried a 4 and 5 degree angle after 10". The 4 degree version is about 0.8" longer. I think i'll take that one, see the attachment.

ski Jae45 2 degrees v2.pdf

Attachments

• ski Jae45 2 degrees v2.pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 106
Thanks for the drawings Paul, This info is very timely for my build. I have already made a ski and was wondering how to modify it. Without 2 angles it would be quite a long ski. The 10" at 2deg then 4deg. looks just right.

MikeP

Mike, I had the same thought. Do you have enough info in the pdf or need another file type? I'm not very good with autocad so i converted the original drawing to coreldraw and made the new ski with this programm.

Latest posts

Back