JAE 45 ski mods

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys this is something that slipped through the cracks. The good thing is that it is an easy fix, and joe will make it right as he has always done with his kits/customer service. It is also something that most wont notice until they start going fast and hone in on the engine/pipe/prop setup. There are a ton of CHEAP kits winning races and setting records but everything can be made better ,and i can guarantee if and when we find something better you will know about it.

If people want to bash something that was designed to get people building ,and get more people involved in our great hobby well...good luck to them. Have fun an go fast!
I want to reiterate what Martin has just said.......Anytime the JAE team learns of something new it will be passed on to all who are interested.........

I am in constant contact with Joe at Zippkits so he can make any changes necessary to supply the best boat kit design we can offer.......

Any time Martin gives you advice about the JAE designs,you can take whatever he has to say right to the "BANK"........His success at the IMPBA record trials speak for themselves.....

In my 40 years of model boating I have never seen anyone burn as much fuel testing as Martin does .......Any change Martin makes has the hell flogged out of it before he publishes anything for public consumption....

Enjoy,

Rod Geraghty

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys this is something that slipped through the cracks. The good thing is that it is an easy fix, and joe will make it right as he has always done with his kits/customer service. It is also something that most wont notice until they start going fast and hone in on the engine/pipe/prop setup. There are a ton of CHEAP kits winning races and setting records but everything can be made better ,and i can guarantee if and when we find something better you will know about it.

If people want to bash something that was designed to get people building ,and get more people involved in our great hobby well...good luck to them. Have fun an go fast!
I want to reiterate what Martin has just said.......Anytime the JAE team learns of something new it will be passed on to all who are interested.........

I am in constant contact with Joe at Zippkits so he can make any changes necessary to supply the best boat kit design we can offer.......

Any time Martin gives you advice about the JAE designs,you can take whatever he has to say right to the "BANK"........His success at the IMPBA record trials speak for themselves.....

In my 40 years of model boating I have never seen anyone burn as much fuel testing as Martin does .......Any change Martin makes has the hell flogged out of it before he publishes anything for public consumption....

Enjoy,

Rod Geraghty
Amen to that brother Rod!!!

GQ

Butch,

Also one thing to check is the rudder length. When I first built my JAE .45 i had issues with it hopping down the straights and it was caused by the rudder being to long. I believe Martin had said to make it 2.25 inches past the ski. Im not completely positive on that but pretty sure that was the length he recommended.

Thanks Matt

My strut is as low as possible and rudder is 2.25 from ski.
Ok, Ive had the best luck pushing my strut straight ahead with no angle too. Ive had nothing but good luck with all of the JAE boats Ive built. If i can think of anything else to check I will post it here.

Thanks Matt

My strut is as low as possible and rudder is 2.25 from ski.
As low as possible does not mean it is on the back edge of the ski. It looks like you are using a conventional strut. A conventional strut will not alllow you to get low on the back edge of the ski, unless you space it back with blocks. Just sayin....

Just talked to Joe from zippkits. New ski is 1.8 degrees and looks more like the jae 21 ski. He said should pickup 5mph with new ski and no more hop. Sent it out no charge. Some of the best customer service outthere. Thanks Joe.

Just talked to Joe from zippkits. New ski is 1.8 degrees and looks more like the jae 21 ski. He said should pickup 5mph with new ski and no more hop. Sent it out no charge. Some of the best customer service outthere. Thanks Joe.
I have to agree! I sent a email and got a answer then a follow up question and got another answer all with in 1 hour!! So Butch when can I send my boats to you for paint! I love the colors and the carbon you do on the top of the sponsons. Looking forward to you guys coming up to the land of lakes again this summer!

I have to agree! I sent a email and got a answer then a follow up question and got another answer all with in 1 hour!! So Butch when can I send my boats to you for paint! I love the colors and the carbon you do on the top of the sponsons. Looking forward to you guys coming up to the land of lakes again this summer!
Kevin are you saying you are building a .45? B)

Kevin are you saying you are building a .45? B)
I wish but no not ready for that yet I'm on a rebuilding what I have year with plans to add a 21 rigger in there some time in the spring...

hay Rod who you talking to

that old washed up has been ;) :lol:

he might ot to get his boats out an blow all the cob webs an dust off them an come out to PLAY this year

an hay bring that skinnnnnny ol fat with ya

Marty

Kevin i have to paint a boat for my buddy Rich Blatner. I'm also going to repaint my 45 jae in synergy green. Pm me and i could work you in. Rodney you can keep on a dreaming you have to keep up with my jae 21 MN state champ rigger (fast does not always win). It's all in haven fun.

Thanks Butch but as for now all I have are some sponsns and a cowl to do. I won't have anything big to paint till spring/mid summer! ! Then hopefully I will have 2-3to boats needing paint! !

Kevin i have to paint a boat for my buddy Rich Blatner. I'm also going to repaint my 45 jae in synergy green. Pm me and i could work you in. Rodney you can keep on a dreaming you have to keep up with my jae 21 MN state champ rigger (fast does not always win). It's all in haven fun.
But its no fun if your not going fast!! ;)

Back