It's begun, the House of Representative's January 6th Fiasco has started

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHY ARE WE BRINGING POLITICS INTO OUR HOBBY? The Admin needs to remove this post immediately not because of one view or the other but because this is a model boating forum. I get enough of this crap from the TV and social media.
That's why we have the off topic section. if you don't like the political posts In this particular forum THEN DON'T CLICK ON AND READ THEM.

Agree, the truth is David, you are bringing politics into your hobby by clicking the link. Then.. like those of us here you are welcome to participate or not. YOUR CHOICE!

Your voice is JUST AS IMPORTANT as the rest of us REGARDLESS of your choice of sides.. (people paid the ultimate price for the right to this VERY conversation). Dont let those losses go in vain!

Grim

Last edited:
I'm going to go "off topic" on this post. I've been a member of this and another forum for almost 20 years and seen threads devolve into a series of personal attacks within less than 10 posts, usually in the other forum. To see this, a possibly "volatile" subject, go for over two pages and no one attacking anyone else is, for lack of a better way to put it, refreshing. I would just like to say THANK YOU to everyone that's posted for keeping this thread civil. I now return this thread to its political topic :cool:

WHY ARE WE BRINGING POLITICS INTO OUR HOBBY? The Admin needs to remove this post immediately not because of one view or the other but because this is a model boating forum. I get enough of this crap from the TV and social media.
David, I said the same thing! Your not going to win with these radical right wing republicans that believe lies. All they care about is themselves, money power and greed.

Kevin, that comes from CNN, a known democratic supporting organization. If you look at their coverage of recent events, you're going to find little to nothing on that network about the secret overnight flights to New York or the busses chartered to take the passengers to surrounding states, the thousands of illegals under a freeway bridge, along the bank of the Rio Grande, waiting to be taken into the country or the bought and paid for materials to complete the border wall laying on the ground only yards from where it was supposed to be installed before Joe Biden stopped construction and paid the construction companies hundreds of millions of dollars to stop building and is now paying even more to have security guard the piles of wall materials to keep it from being stolen. CNN is just about to fold due to lack of people watching since the only story they really had was the "Russian Collusion" lie that they, the Hillary Clinton campaign and Adam Schiff were pushing

That's why we have the off topic section. if you don't like the political posts In this particular forum THEN DON'T CLICK ON AND READ THEM.
Well, that's a first. Don Ferrette actually agreed with me and used almost the same words I did.

I'll take your word for you're Sun/National Enquirer statement. There seems to be something funny about it based on the LMAO and the emojis but I'm not sure what... could you share the joke for those of us that are missing your point

Jim, have you ever spent money on and read an issue of National Enquirer? That "publication" has been described as the very definition of the terms "scandal sheet" and "fish wrapper". When someone quotes anything from The Sun or National Enquirer, it carries no weight. The Enquirer has been sued by celebs more than the rest of the media outlets combined, last I knew anyway.

David, I said the same thing! Your not going to win with these radical right wing republicans that believe lies. All they care about is themselves, money power and greed.
Laughing so hard it hurts!! You are the most politically delusional person I've ever seen! "All they care about is themselves, money power and greed." OMG you are describing the very party you belong to!!
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Jim, have you ever spent money on and read an issue of National Enquirer? That "publication" has been described as the very definition of the terms "scandal sheet" and "fish wrapper". When someone quotes anything from The Sun or National Enquirer, it carries no weight. The Enquirer has been sued by celebs more than the rest of the media outlets combined, last I knew anyway.
Mark
Thanks for the info. Its martini time so to busy to totally respond but will share my thoughts sooner that later. As a teaser, I agree with you

Thank you Jim, Much appreciated. Since I'm at work, have a drink for me too :cool:
Mark

In a previous post, Don F said the Sun is the British version of the National Enquirer. You then said anything the Enquirer says carries no weight. I then posted my agreement with you. Then I got curious and did some research and found some interesting info.

1. In their March 2016 issue, the Enquirer indorsed Trump for president. Sometime after that, a New York court accused the company that owns the Enquirer of paying hush money to an acquaintance of Trump. I believe they were found guilty but will not state that as a fact.

You said The Sun and the Enquirer carry no weight and Don said they put out basically the same junk in their own countries. The Sun is owned by a company called NewsCorp. so I guess we shouldn't believe anything NewsCorp says. I also did some research on Fox News which seems to be your go to source to back up most everything you express on the "Off Topic" forum on International Waters. Imagine my surprise when I found out who owns Fox News.

To summarize, The National Enquirer is full of baloney, which one could conclude makes The Sun full of baloney and the is owned by NewsCorp. Imagine my surprise when I found out NewsCorp owns Fox News, the source of most of what you say.

You're Welcome

That actually doesn't surprise me to read that.
With that said, yes, I do use a lot of Fox videos. I found they tend to talk about the stories that the legacy media doesn't . I've also found that what they report tends to follow along with the stories several other independent networks and, surprisingly, the Australian news sources cover. When you look at stories like:
  • a guy going to Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh's house to kill him, this was either not covered, buried in the back of a paper or briefly mentioned by the legacy news sources
  • Nancy Pelosi's husband arrested for DWI and being involved in a collision while driving a Porche was also briefly mentioned in the legacy news sources and then was gone
  • Illegal immigrants were flown to upstate New York and then taken by bus into New Jersey on very early morning secret flights. Again, nothing in the mainstream media
  • Hunter Biden's laptop was called disinformation and the story vanished from all of the mainstream media until just recently
What do all these have in common? All of those news stories have been continuously covered by Fox and independent news networks. In fact, Fox news had to file a Freedom of Information Request just to get Pelosi's husband's mugshot and is still trying to get the camera footage from the various cameras at the collision scene. No mainstream media sources have done anything to cover the story. If it was just Fox that was reporting on a story, I would take it "with a grain of salt" but, with other news networks covering the stories as well, ESPECIALLY FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES, it gives more credence to what they are reporting. Something else that also has me taking notice of what's being reported on Fox is how much time the legacy networks, CNN in particular, try to discredit the stories Fox is reporting while they are not. If CNN is trying that hard to discredit Fox, which has a considerably larger viewing audience than CNN, it has to say something

Last edited:
You do realize that not only the Sun, Enquirer, and Fox are part of NewsCorp, but also SkyNews, your Australian news source which is owned by Rupert Murdoch/NewsCorp. All one in the same with one agenda.
The other stories, Kavanaugh - I've read quite a bit about that story on other news sources.
Pelosi's husband - heard some stories on it, but he doesn't seem to be bending Nancy's ear on policy, unlike the Thomas family.
Those immigrants - only part of the story was given.
It seems the laptop keeps getting brought up when more distraction is needed. I mean if we want to get into what the kids are up to, we also need to look into Jared's $2 billion from a Saudi prince.
They're all corrupt. It's just that we ended up with someone who didn't want to play by the rules of the game and didn't want to believe his turn was over.

You do realize that not only the Sun, Enquirer, and Fox are part of NewsCorp, but also SkyNews, your Australian news source which is owned by Rupert Murdoch/NewsCorp. All one in the same with one agenda.
The other stories, Kavanaugh - I've read quite a bit about that story on other news sources.
Pelosi's husband - heard some stories on it, but he doesn't seem to be bending Nancy's ear on policy, unlike the Thomas family.
Those immigrants - only part of the story was given.
It seems the laptop keeps getting brought up when more distraction is needed. I mean if we want to get into what the kids are up to, we also need to look into Jared's $2 billion from a Saudi prince.
They're all corrupt. It's just that we ended up with someone who didn't want to play by the rules of the game and didn't want to believe his turn was over.

Lee

I don't think we have ever meant but I like the way you think. I will predict that you will get a response along the lines of... the enquirer is not owned by Newscorp ( its not), and ignore everything else you said. There will likely be a Fox reference or two, maybe a witch hunt comment, but for sure they won't say the election was fair.

My computer skills are minimal so probably couldn't find it again and I know I couldn't cut and paste it here. A woman named Victoria with the Fox emblem behind her listing her as a Fox writer was telling us that the Sunday morning talk shows on ABC, NBC, CNN etc, did not mention anything about the Kavanaugh assassination story as proof of how selectively and poorly they cover news. This from the holy grail of upstanding news reporting which a few days before DID NOT carry the first Jan 6 hearing because it was all a farce. I did notice Fox covered the second one after they got their ass kicked in the ratings. Seems hypocritical to me, but Hydro Junkie will probably defend it or more likely ignore the fact that it is true.

can i ask.. cuz I dont understand..

Those that do not support Donald Trump what was it that you did not support or like about him?

Grim

can i ask.. cuz I dont understand..

Those that do not support Donald Trump what was it that you did not support or like about him?

Grim
What don't I like about Donald Trump?
1. I don't like his calling Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas.
2. I don't like him calling President Biden "Sleepy Joe."
3. Even before he ran for President, I felt he was an arrogant individual.
4. I found his bragging to a reporter about grabbing women between the legs offensive.
5. I don't like Poor Losers and President Trump in my opinion is the Poster Boy for a Poor Looser.
6. I don't like people who look excuses for their failures.
As soon as my morning dose of memory medication kicks in, I could probably remember a number more.
Love ya Mike Z.
Dunny

Back