It's begun, the House of Representative's January 6th Fiasco has started

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve

I said UNLIKE politicians. You proceeded to totally prove my point. Politician Hillary made a nasty comment about another politician and his followers.

What is it we disagree about when you prove my totally and expertly proved my point?
There is no difference - many politicians are also lawyers. Lawyers and politicians are both bottom feeders.

How many actually watched the farce over the past few nights? I haven't wasted my time on it since I already see where it's going. Then again, these videos tell us what is really going on:

Just because your a Republican and do not support Trump is not a reason to be called a RINO in a derogatory manner. Maybe there are Republicans and Trumplicans.
Also bear in mind when the Jan 6th committee was formed Republican leadership AKA Kevin McCarthy refused to appoint any members. They had that opportunity and chose to not participate
Lots of questionable facts get thrown around here. If you rely on Facebook and Twitter you may want to just try google also.
Here is an Associated Press article on Pelosi and the Nat Guard
https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-235651652542
Without Donny Trump promoting his "Big Lie" and directing his minions to the Capital Jan 6th does not happen the way it did. Great leader who bailed on everyone. As usual he stirs the pot and then denies any responsibility.

Well you belive what you will. I am not changing any minds here.
Mic

Also bear in mind when the Jan 6th committee was formed Republican leadership AKA Kevin McCarthy refused to appoint any members. They had that opportunity and chose to not participate
Not true. KEVIN MCCARTHY HAD AT LEAST THREE REPRESENTATIVES HE WANTED TO APPOINT and all were rejected by Nancy Pelosi

apnews.com

Pelosi did not block the National Guard from the Capitol on Jan. 6

CLAIM: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blocked the National Guard from coming to the Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection. AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. As Speaker of the House, Pelosi does not direct the National Guard.
apnews.com
apnews.com
NANCY PELOSI, THE POLICE CHIEF AND THE MAYOR OF WASHINGTON DC HAD UP TO 20,000 NATIONAL GUARD AVAILABLE TO THEM AS OF JANUARY 2, ALL APPROVED BY PRESIDENT TRUMP. NONE OF THEM ACTED ON REQUESTING THE TROOPS UNTIL AFTER THE CAPITOL WAS BREECHED. NANCY PELOSI WAS ALSO DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR SECURITY OF THE CAPITOL AS SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE SO HER INACTION, ALONG WITH THAT OF THE SEARGENT AT ARMS, DIRECTLY CONTRIBUTED TO THE CAPITOL BUILDING BEING OVERRUN
One other thing to note is where this article came from, that being the Associated Press. As part of the "mainstream media", they have neglected to report on the invasion across the southern border, just like the rest of the "mainstream media". Can an organization that claims to be a news organization be trusted when it won't cover a story that is a national security issue? The Australian news sources have done a better job of covering that than any of the "mainstream media, INCLUDING THE ASSOCIATED PRESS!!!!!!!

Without Donny Trump promoting his "Big Lie" and directing his minions to the Capital Jan 6th does not happen the way it did. Great leader who bailed on everyone. As usual he stirs the pot and then denies any responsibility.
AGAIN, NOT TRUE. IF YOU LOOK AT THE TIMELINE OF EVENTS, YOU SEE THE FOLLOWING:

1. On January 2, President Trump authorized up to 20,000 National Guard troops be made available, as per his Constitutional requirements. Seems kind of strange that someone that has been accused of promoting an "insurrection" would make troops available to stop such an event
  2. When told the troops were at their disposal, the Mayor and DC Police Chief said they weren't needed due to the intelligence they had at the time. Nancy Pelosi and the Seargent at Arms didn't disagree
  3. When the intelligence reported a possible threat, on January 4, either the DC Police Chief or Mayor (don't remember which) asked about the National Guard troops, was told they weren't needed. Again, Nancy Pelosi and the Seargent at Arms said nothing
  4. January 6, vote counting begins with Republicans objecting to states where voting and procedural irregularities were claimed, all overruled by the Democrats
  5. A mob forms outside the Capitol building, overpowering the police officers that tried to stop them while other officers let them pass. One lady was shot and killed by a police officer during the mob's overrunning the Capitol building
  6. President Trump's rally at the White house ends with him saying that the attendees could now march "peacefully and patriotically to the Capitol and let their voices be heard" a full 15-20 minutes after the mob entered the Capitol building
A RINO is a person claiming to be a Republican but siding with the Democrats on all of the issues and votes. When you look at the make-up of the January 6 committee, the "ranking member" is Liz Cheney, from Wyoming. Cheney voted to impeach Trump following the January 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol and was subsequently censured by the Wyoming GOP. She was also ousted from her position as GOP conference chair in May 2021 and censured by the Republican National Committee in February 2022.
Cheney received a 71 rating for her 2021 votes from the American Conservative Union’s Center for Legislative Accountability, which rates lawmakers based on how their votes adhere to conservative principles. It's obvious she has an ax to grind and is using her appointment to the committee as ranking member by Nancy Pelosi to do so
The other Republican member of the committee is Adam Kinzinger. Kinzinger was one of the 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump for incitement of insurrection in his second impeachment, and one of only two Republicans to vote to create a select committee to investigate the 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol, to which he was subsequently appointed by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and not by the Republican Party. Interestingly, he has decided to NOT run for re-election in November. I wonder if he knows he would lose due to his voting with the Democrats on a majority of issues?

Not true. KEVIN MCCARTHY HAD AT LEAST THREE REPRESENTATIVES HE WANTED TO APPOINT and all were rejected by Nancy Pelosi

apnews.com

Pelosi did not block the National Guard from the Capitol on Jan. 6

CLAIM: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blocked the National Guard from coming to the Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection. AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. As Speaker of the House, Pelosi does not direct the National Guard.
apnews.com
apnews.com
NANCY PELOSI, THE POLICE CHIEF AND THE MAYOR OF WASHINGTON DC HAD UP TO 20,000 NATIONAL GUARD AVAILABLE TO THEM AS OF JANUARY 2, ALL APPROVED BY PRESIDENT TRUMP. NONE OF THEM ACTED ON REQUESTING THE TROOPS UNTIL AFTER THE CAPITOL WAS BREECHED. NANCY PELOSI WAS ALSO DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR SECURITY OF THE CAPITOL AS SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE SO HER INACTION, ALONG WITH THAT OF THE SEARGENT AT ARMS, DIRECTLY CONTRIBUTED TO THE CAPITOL BUILDING BEING OVERRUN
One other thing to note is where this article came from, that being the Associated Press. As part of the "mainstream media", they have neglected to report on the invasion across the southern border, just like the rest of the "mainstream media". Can an organization that claims to be a news organization be trusted when it won't cover a story that is a national security issue? The Australian news sources have done a better job of covering that than any of the "mainstream media, INCLUDING THE ASSOCIATED PRESS!!!!!!!

AGAIN, NOT TRUE. IF YOU LOOK AT THE TIMELINE OF EVENTS, YOU SEE THE FOLLOWING:

1. On January 2, President Trump authorized up to 20,000 National Guard troops be made available, as per his Constitutional requirements. Seems kind of strange that someone that has been accused of promoting an "insurrection" would make troops available to stop such an event
  2. When told the troops were at their disposal, the Mayor and DC Police Chief said they weren't needed due to the intelligence they had at the time. Nancy Pelosi and the Seargent at Arms didn't disagree
  3. When the intelligence reported a possible threat, on January 4, either the DC Police Chief or Mayor (don't remember which) asked about the National Guard troops, was told they weren't needed. Again, Nancy Pelosi and the Seargent at Arms said nothing
  4. January 6, vote counting begins with Republicans objecting to states where voting and procedural irregularities were claimed, all overruled by the Democrats
  5. A mob forms outside the Capitol building, overpowering the police officers that tried to stop them while other officers let them pass. One lady was shot and killed by a police officer during the mob's overrunning the Capitol building
  6. President Trump's rally at the White house ends with him saying that the attendees could now march "peacefully and patriotically to the Capitol and let their voices be heard" a full 15-20 minutes after the mob entered the Capitol building
A RINO is a person claiming to be a Republican but siding with the Democrats on all of the issues and votes. When you look at the make-up of the January 6 committee, the "ranking member" is Liz Cheney, from Wyoming. Cheney voted to impeach Trump following the January 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol and was subsequently censured by the Wyoming GOP. She was also ousted from her position as GOP conference chair in May 2021 and censured by the Republican National Committee in February 2022.
Cheney received a 71 rating for her 2021 votes from the American Conservative Union’s Center for Legislative Accountability, which rates lawmakers based on how their votes adhere to conservative principles. It's obvious she has an ax to grind and is using her appointment to the committee as ranking member by Nancy Pelosi to do so
The other Republican member of the committee is Adam Kinzinger. Kinzinger was one of the 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump for incitement of insurrection in his second impeachment, and one of only two Republicans to vote to create a select committee to investigate the 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol, to which he was subsequently appointed by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and not by the Republican Party. Interestingly, he has decided to NOT run for re-election in November. I wonder if he knows he would lose due to his voting with the Democrats on a majority of issues?
Mark

The Sun, a British tabloid answered a readers question about who can dispatch the washington dc national guard. I'm sure you can find it and it is interesting and clearly written. You should check it out.

WW3 will be started by USA as first choice ,,followed by India,China,Pakistan,
Then Russia.
I predict between 2025 and 2040.
It will not be a nuke war..
It will be a cyberwar..
Have fun in your little squabble between each other ..

WW3 will be started by USA as first choice ,,followed by India,China,Pakistan,
Then Russia.
I predict between 2025 and 2040.
It will not be a nuke war..
It will be a cyberwar..
Have fun in your little squabble between each other ..
Will be worst at Iran big nuclear than Russia. will destroy all Europe and Mid East area USA will be fear on war and just move back off !!

I'll have to take your word on that one, Jerry, since I didn't see it.
Here's another video that undermines the January 6 committee and its narrative:

At least the documentary "The Four Seasons" provided some humor in the attempts to persuade folks that the 2020 Presidential election was "rigged."
JD
Jerry

I have always thought you're a rather special guy in lots of ways. Good boat racer, always willing to help fellow racers, active in your community and have a good sense of humor. My respect was moved to an unheard of level this morning as a result of your post.

See you at the race Saturday

Mark, I served for 22 years and was always of the mindset to respect the office/president of the United States and always did.
BUT I just can't take, justify in my mind any way to respect this administration.
Insurrection NO
Peaceful protest YES
Angry protest, It sure was.
But i think MOST of the ANGRY MOD were NOT supporters of Donald Trump.
Storming the Capital NO
Is Trump to blame, I feel NOT
Im with Rick here

what a mess...

Its like this.. you spend YEARS perfecting your craft. You invest YEARS into being the best at what you do... your the best politician ever.. (just ask the rest of your party!)

Then some person not even on the radar comes in and is FAVORED, VOTED IN, over this self-centered life long person, party... they have there asses handed to them.

Trump BLEW UP THE political partys and man did it piss off BOTH parties. We pay the price for this at the pump.. the stores and in our day to day.

Vote 2022!

Grim

WHY ARE WE BRINGING POLITICS INTO OUR HOBBY? The Admin needs to remove this post immediately not because of one view or the other but because this is a model boating forum. I get enough of this crap from the TV and social media.
David

Others have asked the same question and the reply is always along the lines of "its the off topic forum...if you don't like it don't like it, don't read it". Further, at least one of the biggest commenters is also one of the administrators. I agree with you and unfortunately have no self control and so I read too much of it.
I don't buy into a lot of what I read here but I have to admit (reluctantly) in this case, there is some logic in what they say.

This also is off topic but thanks for all you do regarding the NAMBA website. I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates it

Back