Iso field box

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Engelhardt

Looking for a field box and panel. I've seen the hanger 9 stuff but don't know anything about them.. what's out there?

I use Tower Hobbies panels, never had one fail. (I'm a nitro guy)
Nowadays I just use a glow driver as the (McDaniel) Ni-Starters will power glow plugs for a week on one charge, do to the stupid huge Mah of their battery. Std Non-Metered Ni-Starters
And a Dave Brown 6 Shooter hand pump.
My Dave Brown Pump is 30 years old and still going strong.
So I have no need for a panel. I do have an electric starter that simply plugs into female ports on my field box that are wired directly to my field box battery and this also where I plug the charger into the field box for charging, again no need for a panel.
But Tower Hobbies panels are very good. Hanger 9 is just as good if not better.

Very good.. I personally don't like an open top box for boating. Mine is a mear metal tool box thats about 16in long. 10in high and about as wide. It has a lid that closes and thats what I like. I can leave it on the starting table and close the lid.. if it starts to drizzle.. Here it is in use next to my Sport 40.. I know.. seems a bit old fashion BUT.. it rides well in the back of my van or trailer.. Neat and simple..

Grim

Attachments

• IMG_1131-X3.jpg
    IMG_1131-X3.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 74
Mike...
Over at MECOA in the accessories area they offer a power panel...priced so it doesn't break the bank...

Mike...if you need a glow igniter and hand held starter let me know..im out of nitro...gone Gas so I have some pit stuff just collecting dust..
And as far as a field box....i used a plastic tote caddy...the power panel and all the other junk just got in the way...i trimmed as much off the want/Need to carry as little as possible. I have a tool box yes..it has all the Crap plus some...but when heat racing..only the bare essentials in the starting pits

Last edited:
Back