Is it just me or.......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not just USPS that has "issues". A lady in my area ordered a coffee pot online back in early November, supposed to be a birthday gift for her husband. It was delivered just in time for Christmas. The box it came in was damaged and soggy, the unit itself was okay but still, 45+ days to get something from here in the US? Worse still, she had the tracking information and found that it had sat in several Fed Ex facilities for over a week each before being shipped to the next facility or to be delivered.
I personally had ordered a hard drive shaft from Dumas years ago. Took almost a month to get it, after being shipped with UPS. Come to find out, the shaft was badly bent somewhere along the way. It wasn't until it got to the local delivery truck that anything was done. The driver apparently knew what Dumas was and sent it back to Tucson for replacement. It took a while, but I got my shaft.

I have been locked in a battle with my local post office for about 7 weeks now...when I had to start taking my wife to Houston for treatment, some mail piled up in my community lock box. The mail lady decided to take it all back to the PO. and left me a note to pick it up by the 7th of December.

I went to pick it up on the 7th, and the girl told me it had all been returned to sender. I had her supervisor sign and date and timestamp the note that was left in my box. They could have at least waited until the end of the day...

Since the 7th , I have gotten 5 pieces of mail.
I went to the box today and there is another note telling me that I must now come in to the PO and speak to the supervisor...

I have all my documentation, and I'm going in guns loaded tomorrow...
( probably a bad choice of words... I'm not literally bringing in guns )
But I will have my say about my local mail route driver before I leave the office...

It's very common for me to get the 17 state tour from Florida to Virginia....usps definitely has some issues...and don't get me started on the distribution centers...

In the famous words of someone other then me, "Don't blame the messenger". I recently spoke to our mail delivery person, a very nice, middle-aged lady who has worked for the Postal Service for over 15 years. She was delivering our mail at 7:30 pm, and it was her second run of the day. She had so many packages to deliver that she couldn't fit all of them in her tiny postal vehicle, She told me that she is worn out from doing double runs and spending 10 hours or more on the road 6 days a week. She said that it is becoming impossible to get new drivers because nobody under the age of 30 wants to do the work, and the pay is not good enough to retain the experienced workers any more. They have reduced staff at just about all levels of the company, including the sorting and distribution centers, mainly because the guy in charge knows absolutely nothing about how to run a business as big as the Post Office. On top of that, the mail trucks that they drive are in terrible shape because the company is "planning" to replace them with more modern vehicles and doesn't want to repair the existing ones any more than just what is necessary to keep them on the road. Up here in the north, the vehicles are lousy on slippery roads, have no heat, ride like dunp trucks due to not much suspension, and break down a lot. She spent three hours one day last week waiting for a tow truck because her vehicle quit in the middle of a run, and then she still had to go back, get another one and finish her route. If it weren't a monopoly, the business would collapse. So think some kind thoughts for the people who are trying their best to get the job done under awful circumstances.

USPS FEDEX UPS - pretty much interchangeable with regard to service.

My father passed on in September, lived in California as does my sister and other family, I'm in Fort Worth. Sent her a cashiers check to help with internment per dad's wishes. FEDEX mail pouch, 2nd day air service - took about 2 weeks to get there - arrived on Friday the week of his funeral which was on Monday.

My sis was under a lot of stress making arrangements and those jackasses added to it. Paypal came to the rescue in that fiasco, they sent the check back to me uncashed and I settled up with my bank.

Take your pick - USPS/FEDEX/UPS - lost, delayed, damaged, delivered to wrong address.

Hi Steve do you not have internet banking? Log on, transfer to any account of any bank anywhere, then and there... who writes checks these days ( its 2021 not 1980) Just asking

If your mail didn't get where it was supposed to, or not delivered at all, consider this: Over the past several years, there have been several occurrences of "spontaneous" fires in the engine compartments of postal vehicles. Plus myriad breakdowns such as transmission failures. Like all big corporations, the US Postal Service heavily favored low cost over relaiability, and the contract for the vehicles went to the lowest bidder. When they were purchased, the vehicles were supposed to have a "lifetime" of about 10 years, but many of the ones still on the roads are over 20 years old. Because of that, parts are in short supply and they basically rob parts off other vehicles to fix the ones still running. Imagine a fleet of 20 year old "Yugos" driving on all types of roads in all types of weather, and it is mind boggling that we get any mail delivery at all.

In the famous words of someone other then me, "Don't blame the messenger". I recently spoke to our mail delivery person, a very nice, middle-aged lady who has worked for the Postal Service for over 15 years. She was delivering our mail at 7:30 pm, and it was her second run of the day. She had so many packages to deliver that she couldn't fit all of them in her tiny postal vehicle, She told me that she is worn out from doing double runs and spending 10 hours or more on the road 6 days a week. She said that it is becoming impossible to get new drivers because nobody under the age of 30 wants to do the work, and the pay is not good enough to retain the experienced workers any more. They have reduced staff at just about all levels of the company, including the sorting and distribution centers, mainly because the guy in charge knows absolutely nothing about how to run a business as big as the Post Office. On top of that, the mail trucks that they drive are in terrible shape because the company is "planning" to replace them with more modern vehicles and doesn't want to repair the existing ones any more than just what is necessary to keep them on the road. Up here in the north, the vehicles are lousy on slippery roads, have no heat, ride like dunp trucks due to not much suspension, and break down a lot. She spent three hours one day last week waiting for a tow truck because her vehicle quit in the middle of a run, and then she still had to go back, get another one and finish her route. If it weren't a monopoly, the business would collapse. So think some kind thoughts for the people who are trying their best to get the job done under awful circumstances.
Our mail person is also a very nice middle aged black woman, I make it a point to say hi and chat briefly with her whenever I can so she knows she's appreciated. The vast majority of the time the final delivery people aren't the issue. When you repeatedly watch the tracking on line and see your packages spending days or even weeks going all over the country it's no surprise that the USPS loses on average over 12 billion of our tax payer dollars annually. And our politicians answer is to just throw more money at the problem................

Our mail person is also a very nice middle aged black woman, I make it a point to say hi and chat briefly with her whenever I can so she knows she's appreciated. The vast majority of the time the final delivery people aren't the issue. When you repeatedly watch the tracking on line and see your packages spending days or even weeks going all over the country it's no surprise that the USPS loses on average over 12 billion of our tax payer dollars annually. And our politicians answer is to just throw more money at the problem................
If you dig deep enough, you’ll find that congress takes money from the usps so they always loose money. They know that the American people will always support additional money for the postal service. Back in 1990 when I was part of the Michigan Vocational Education delegation to the Washington Policy Seminars, I had a democrat senator tell me the “masses were asses”. JM2C
John

Just to be fair to those in the IMPBA office... Little over a week before Christmas, sent them a check. Three or four days after I was TOTALLY surprised I got my new card!!!! Ken

I live right on the north end of town.. we have a golf course and a bar and restaurant on site.. (very nice).. in the last few months now we will only SEE THE MAIL TRUCK 2 or MAYBE 3 times a week in our subdivision.. its super weird. The UPS trucks are in the sub EVERY DAY running crap around to peoples houses.. its NUTS.

The old ass mail jeeps are complete junk and they just cannot get people to carry mail.

We all know why people dont want to work! We all know why... the current administration is giving away the milk..

I design for the education market. (not proud of that). Education has BAGS AND BAGS of money given to them RIGHT NOW with MUCH MUCH MORE on the way.. we are seeing HAND WRITTEN ORDERS for 100K trying to spend it on ANYTING THEY CAN BUY... with the JOE SHOW in hand they are getting a LARGER CHUNK IN 2022.. its NUTS!.. NOTHING IS FREE!

Education has MORE MONEY THEN THEY CAN SPEND RIGHT NOW AND ITS GOING TO CONTINUE UNDER BRANDON!

Donate to a school supplies drive lately? Better think twice..

yes.. that was a rant...LOL

Grim

Latest posts

Back