Irwin 7.5 pipe length

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EatMyShortsRacing

OK now I am just about to install my Rossi 45 on the Lawless unit and need to work out how to measure the length and what is a good starting length.

The pipe is a muffled Irwin pipe spun alloy with a dome on the muffler and the exhaust exiting off centre. It seems to have about 1/2" flat section before the reversing cone is welded on.

The questions are: Do I measure to the start of the flat section, mid-point or to the weld? And what length is a good startign length for the Rossi?

EMS Raving Someone swapped my heart pills!!!!!

Hi Craig

The new SPP 45 pipe we have been testing is giving best results at 245mm on the KB and 230mm on a rossi.

They have a small center band of 3/4" and i tell people to measure to the center of the flat section. The pipe can run down to 220mm but prop size needs to come down as well. I wonder if anyone has converted a MAC45 to an outboard it would be interesting.

seeya

DAve

Hi Craig

The new SPP 45 pipe we have been testing is giving best results at 245mm on the KB and 230mm on a rossi.

They have a small center band of 3/4" and i tell people to measure to the center of the flat section. The pipe can run down to 220mm but prop size needs to come down as well. I wonder if anyone has converted a MAC45 to an outboard it would be interesting.

seeya

DAve
Dave,

want to try this pipe first (prolly coz I already have it) so need a starting point for it. Will look at a SPP once I get a decent hull!!!

Craig

Hi Craig

seeya

DAve
Dave,

want to try this pipe first (prolly coz I already have it) so need a starting point for it. Will look at a SPP once I get a decent hull!!!

Craig

[ HEY CRAIG . REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU HEAR , YOU HAVE THE BEST NOW . MABY I CAN HELP YOU ? THE ROSSI ENGINE IS A BIG BORE SHORT STROK ENGINE , IT NEEDS A LOT OF RPM ,PROPS 447/445 WORKS GREAT MUFF. LENGHT? TRY THIS , SHORTEN THE H3EADER ON THE ENGINE FIRST. THEN TRY THE HEADER ON THE PIPE , WE HAVE FOUND YOU CANNOT GET THIS COMBO TO SHORT , GOD BLESS, O YA , DO NOT USE A FUEL IN THIS ENGINE THAT DOES NOT HAVE A COMBO MIX . OF CASTER OIL AND SYNTHETIC FOR THE LUB.

Hi Craig

seeya

DAve
Dave,

Craig

[ HEY CRAIG . REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU HEAR , YOU HAVE THE BEST NOW . MABY I CAN HELP YOU ? THE ROSSI ENGINE IS A BIG BORE SHORT STROK ENGINE , IT NEEDS A LOT OF RPM ,PROPS 447/445 WORKS GREAT MUFF. LENGHT? TRY THIS , SHORTEN THE H3EADER ON THE ENGINE FIRST. THEN TRY THE HEADER ON THE PIPE , WE HAVE FOUND YOU CANNOT GET THIS COMBO TO SHORT , GOD BLESS, O YA , DO NOT USE A FUEL IN THIS ENGINE THAT DOES NOT HAVE A COMBO MIX . OF CASTER OIL AND SYNTHETIC FOR THE LUB.
James,

I think I have it at around 10.5" for starters. It has #1 engraved on it if that helps identifying the pipe... Will be running 60% nitro with Neo/Castor oil blend

Craig

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back