Internats Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I guess I don't get the points system used. The most points on the scoring sheet is not the winner? Explain to a West Coast Scale guy how it works, to be US1. Looks more confusing than the fan plan! LOL
Here ya go in scale US-1 we race 5 rounds. Then points are converted to heat racing scores winner gets 800 Double first place and so on till we have top 5. Then we go to oval and straight away timed events. Places get points as in a heat race 400 to winner and so on. Heat racing counts double so if you win heat racing its 800. win oval its 400 and 400 for straight aways. this is only done for US-1 events. If you still dont understand head to www.impba.net and you can read the whole thing there Mike
Maybe it should be noted that only the top 5 or 6 (depending on the size of the class) in heat racing advance to the oval and straightaway events.

JD

Now I guess I don't get the points system used. The most points on the scoring sheet is not the winner? Explain to a West Coast Scale guy how it works, to be US1. Looks more confusing than the fan plan! LOL
Here ya go in scale US-1 we race 5 rounds. Then points are converted to heat racing scores winner gets 800 Double first place and so on till we have top 5. Then we go to oval and straight away timed events. Places get points as in a heat race 400 to winner and so on. Heat racing counts double so if you win heat racing its 800. win oval its 400 and 400 for straight aways. this is only done for US-1 events. If you still dont understand head to www.impba.net and you can read the whole thing there Mike
thats real good Mikey but who won everything man. we are all waiting for the total scoop! :blink:
b mono david preusse

d mono ernie lafluer

e mono mark voorhies

f mono ernie lafluer

b hydro chris wood

d hydro ron zaker

e hydro chris wood

f hydro ernie lafluer

1/8 scale oliver duglus

b tunnel ernie lafluer

d tunnel ernie lafluer

e tunnel dont know

f tunnel not enough boats to be a us1 class

sport 40 dont know

muti engine hydro dont know

b tunnel ernie lafluer

A big congrats to my fellow Canadian, Olly, for winning US1 in Scale. I think the last District 1 Canadians to win a US1 were the Pas brothers in the early 90's. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve Peterson won US-1 in Sport 40. Steve has just finished a new mold and will have his new sport 40 ready for the next race.

Steve Peterson won US-1 in Sport 40. Steve has just finished a new mold and will have his new sport 40 ready for the next race.
let's see some pic of the races, and that new sport 40 of Steves,

Patiently waiting for sport 20 results, one of my hulls is racing in the sport 20 class.

Good luck to every one at the "Internates".

:rolleyes: Way to Go Olly!Maybe it was the Signed Photo from last year that inspired you....

Big AL

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in putting on the Internats and all drivers. Mike and his crew did a marvelous job. I posted some pics of the Internats in the community gallery. Some of the most unique boats I have ever seen. Grim Racer's 1/8th Bardahl was sweet. Everytime we go to one of these events we meet more and more down to earth civilized people that would give you any part they had so you could race, amazing folks. Thanks again Mike and Rick for an awesome event. Can't wait for the Gas Nats!!!!!

thats real good Mikey but who won everything man. we are all waiting for the total scoop! :blink:
b mono david preusse

d mono ernie lafluer

e mono mark voorhies

f mono ernie lafluer

b hydro chris wood

d hydro ron zaker

e hydro chris wood

f hydro ernie lafluer

1/8 scale oliver duglus

b tunnel ernie lafluer

d tunnel ernie lafluer

e tunnel dont know

f tunnel not enough boats to be a us1 class

sport 40 dont know

muti engine hydro dont know

b tunnel ernie lafluer
Hats off to all the guys that won the US-1 titles, but especially Ernie Lafluer. 5 US-1 wins!!! It's hard enough getting 1 US-1 title let alone 5 at one event. That is when you know that you know what your doing. Congrats again to the newly crowned champs.

-"Wish I could have been there" Mitch Atwell

I talked to Russ Williamson after the racing finished on Saturday. Russ won Sport 20 Tunnel with a TS3/O.S. MAX, and Grim was second with the same combo. There's also a good chance they were running a Grim Racer prop, burning O'Donnell 65% fuel, and using O'Donnell glo plugs. Russ also won Sport 20 Hydro with the Miss Vegas that I set up with an O.S. VZM. I think that's a pretty good showing for Russ and AquaCraft.

JD

A good showing indeed. Sport 20 tunnel class can be seriously competitive especially at a big race. That combo must be working very well.

Also, way to go Ernie, 5 US-1 titles. Man has his game on!

Tony J.... No Twins?? What a Bummer!!!! Real Men Drive Twins.
Joe their were plenty "real men" in attendance and they managed to make their boats run fast while complying with the rules!

My hats off to Mike and everyone from Performance Model Boat Club. Job Well done.

Tony J.... No Twins?? What a Bummer!!!! Real Men Drive Twins.
Joe their were plenty "real men" in attendance and they managed to make their boats run fast while complying with the rules!

My hats off to Mike and everyone from Performance Model Boat Club. Job Well done.
Joe K Your making Too Much Noise..... :blink: :lol:

I talked to Phil Thomas just before he laft and his Sport 40 was withdrawn because he had problems that couldn't be fixed right away. He didn't go into details as he was busy. Entries are going to vary every year depending on who shows up and what they deicide to race.It's nice to hear that so far there aren't any dB issues this year.

Now it looks like I'll have to order that video to watch all of the exciting heats!
HEY RON, I did take that sport 40 and I did throw it in 5 times and 5 times dns Perfect score 0 I took the low points trophy. :lol:

Some misterious fuel draw problem with that boat :angry:

The Atlas scale took first in oval time trials and I beat all the Bud boats in one of the heats, but two bouy cuts cost me 100 points in one heat and that knocked me down to third in the racing.

PHIL

I talked to Russ Williamson after the racing finished on Saturday. Russ won Sport 20 Tunnel with a TS3/O.S. MAX, and Grim was second with the same combo. There's also a good chance they were running a Grim Racer prop, burning O'Donnell 65% fuel, and using O'Donnell glo plugs. Russ also won Sport 20 Hydro with the Miss Vegas that I set up with an O.S. VZM. I think that's a pretty good showing for Russ and AquaCraft.
JD
Hey his sport 20 hydro boat was running with all of them and I think Russ finished all the heats. I was feeling real good with 3 firsts, then in round 4 I flipped behind someone and the 5th the motor pooped out. managed to hold on to 5th place

PHIL

I talked to Phil Thomas just before he laft and his Sport 40 was withdrawn because he had problems that couldn't be fixed right away. He didn't go into details as he was busy. Entries are going to vary every year depending on who shows up and what they deicide to race.It's nice to hear that so far there aren't any dB issues this year.

Now it looks like I'll have to order that video to watch all of the exciting heats!
HEY RON, I did take that sport 40 and I did throw it in 5 times and 5 times dns Perfect score 0 I took the low points trophy[/b]. :lol:

Some misterious fuel draw problem with that boat :angry:

The Atlas scale took first in oval time trials and I beat all the Bud boats in one of the heats, but two bouy cuts cost me 100 points in one heat and that knocked me down to third in the racing.

PHIL

Now that's putting a positive spin on a rather dismal performance. ;)

JD

Back