International Waters

Help Support intlwaters.com:

Buoyhunter

Don, give us some of the history of this forum. When was the first day, year this site came on line? who came up with the idea?

Mike Hughes

Well I joined in early 2003. I can see a few that were before me. Grim was in late 2001. I think it started in 2000 ish. I cant remember the guys name that started it. I think it is Mike something. He did the firefighter boats. That 20 yrs ago.....Gees I am getting old.
Mike

Mike Hughes

Yep Mike something sounds just like Tom Moorhouse.......LOL Geeees I suck

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mike

Tom Moorehouse......
IW had been around for a while in 2003 when RC Boat.com had a big problem and everybody reacted by jumping ship to IW.....
DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! Thanksgiving weekend to be exact and I'll leave it at that.......

Grimracer

I dont remember the name of the originator but Tommy took over I-Waters around 2000. Here is a capture of early 2000 AFTER the look was updated.

Attachments

Last edited:

SayMikey

Wasn't this forum started by the guys who were kicked off LISTBOT?

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Wasn't this forum started by the guys who were kicked off LISTBOT?
No it already existed but was a somewhat low traffic site. TO BE CLEAR- nobody was "kicked off" the listbot, the migration here was made by choice. That's when I/W really took off........

XtremeRcBoats

Cool picture Grim. I remember sending Tom emails when my own website was updated to get more hits. On top in the picture is on of these update notifications.

I dug through my very on old emails and found that I emailed with a guy named Andy Hartz back in 1997 and he was from the International Waters R/C Boating website. Back then the website was hosted on a server from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.
Don't know exactly when Tom took over. I joined the forum in january 2002.

Grimracer

Yes.. thanks.. yes.. Andy Harts.. thats it... WOW.. thanks for digging!

Grim

Latest posts