International Waters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Thomas

Don, give us some of the history of this forum. When was the first day, year this site came on line? who came up with the idea?

Well I joined in early 2003. I can see a few that were before me. Grim was in late 2001. I think it started in 2000 ish. I cant remember the guys name that started it. I think it is Mike something. He did the firefighter boats. That 20 yrs ago.....Gees I am getting old.
Mike

I dont remember the name of the originator but Tommy took over I-Waters around 2000. Here is a capture of early 2000 AFTER the look was updated.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Cool picture Grim. I remember sending Tom emails when my own website was updated to get more hits. On top in the picture is on of these update notifications.

I dug through my very on old emails and found that I emailed with a guy named Andy Hartz back in 1997 and he was from the International Waters R/C Boating website. Back then the website was hosted on a server from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.
Don't know exactly when Tom took over. I joined the forum in january 2002.

Back