• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

In search of a few boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

360modena

Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,

After a long hiatus from the sport my son Chris and I are contemplating a return to racing. It is great to see so many of the people we had met over the years are still here and racing. When we left we were running all Mac engines, .21 to twin .84s. We are looking to come back at a moderate pace and not run all of the hydro classes as we did in the past. Probably at first we will want to run .21, .60 and twin hydro and a couple of mono classes. Any advice on reliable sources for boats and supplies would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Virgil Ericksen

Julian is making the speedmaster mono hulls 21 &45 size. Ron Shaw is the distributer for Nova Rossi engines and Stu Barr does the CMB engines

Good talking with you today, I’m glad you called. I’m excited about another blast from the past coming back !
Jeff,

It’s always great talking r/c racing with you as well as everything else we talk about. I greatly appreciate you sharing your immense knowledge of engine building with me. I have always been able to call you when I needed advice and I look forward to working with you as we return to racing.

A lot has changed since you guys raced most guys are now using radios on 2.4 with life or lipoly batteries so no more crystals or getting hit by someone on your frequency and guys are using starters now with lipoly batteries and glow igniters also with lipoly batteries.

Stu,

Thank you . I will definitely be doing that when we are able to start getting some boats together. I plan on a couple of .21's, 67's and 84's

Virgil

Latest posts

Back