IMPBA Outboard definition

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kensill

The other discussion was going nowhere, so I am asking for real comments from IMPBA memmbers that currently race outboard. Please try not to act like the people that are trying to get elected to run the country! Please think before you type. All model boaters are welcome to comment. Here is my question.

Do you want a better description, in the IMPBA rule book, and what would you like it to say?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I think that the IMPBA members should first be given the opportunity to vote for:

1) "YES" Changes should be made to the description of the Outboard.

2) "NO" Changes should not be made to the description of the Outboard.

Once you have established what the majority of IMPBA members want, then go from there. Get this (Yes or No vote) to the board and have the IMPBA membership vote on it (not a International Waters pole). This site has its place in our hobby but it is not a good place to solve issues like this. If the "No votes" win, the issue will be settled.

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl

Why dont you take the lead on this so I dont have to listen to all the bitching, and moaning? Some of these comments really try my sanity!!!

What's wrong with the outboard director taking the lead on this one.Not passing the buck on to someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I believe a better description is needed. I think this would do a good job a keeping an outboard....an OUTboard.

The engine must mount to a vertical transom. This includes any adjustable motor mount.

The part of the transom that the engine is mounted to must not be inset forward more than 10% the length of the hull. (Deck overhangs, tunnel extenders, tabs, wings, fins etc. are not included in the length measurement. Maximum transom thickness will be 1 inch

At the point where the vertical transom intersects with the bottom of the hull (mono) or top of the tunnel (tunnel, cat, hydro) the bottom must not extend out beyond the transom more than 2 inches.

No part of the engine block can be forward of the transom. Flywheels, steering arms, tuned pipes, shaft oilers may overhang forward of the transom.

So, for example on a 36" hull the transom could be inset as far as 3.6" and the tunnel floor would be allowed to extend past a max of 2".

Then you have to say where the transom is. Maybe add that it must resemble a real OPC boat. All I've seen have the transom relatively vertical, close to rear of the boat with motor attached to it.

Seeing how f1 tunnels are now allowed to run the motor inside of the transom. I do not agree with the motor having to be behind it.

I believe that a better definition would be the pivot point should ne located at or behind the transom. All real outboard engines stick over the transom.

Just a quick survey, how many of you r/c tunnel racers have ever raced or driven a full size tunnel, and if so, what class?

I have raced every tunnel class in APBA from "C" to Mod U

Back