IMPBA EOP Trophy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart Barr

Supporting Member
I have received the Excellance of Performance Trophy and it looks great! Bruce Jacobs delivered this to me a couple of weeks ago and I have been meaning to do a posting about it. There were many people involved in keeping this piece of history going. I want to give a big thank you to Mark Bullard especially for all his effort and expense in refurbishing. Len Skwiera stopped by my shop about a month ago and I told him the story about the trophy. Len was the one instrumental in creating this trophy. Thought you all would enjoy seeing the history of the winners:

1972-Flint, MI-Len Skwiera, 1973-Kitcher, Ontario-Mike Meelbush, 1974-Chicago, IL-Gary Preusse, 1975-Indianapolis, In-Mike Meelbush, 1976-Norfolk, VA-Glenn Cupit, 1977-Hammond, LA-Mike Wilson, 1978-Flint, MI-Howie Whitaker, 1979-Dallas, TX-Marty Davis, 1980-Bartow, FL-Ed Hughey, 1981-Indianapolis, IN-Jay Maguire, 1982-Orlando, FL-David Preusse, 1983-Oxford, MI-Clee Morman, 1984-Bartow, FL-Jim Sweden, 1985-Huntsville, AL-Ed Lackey, 1986-Huntsville. AL-Bob Schoenau, 1987-Huntsville, AL-Greg Huey, 1988-Huntsville, AL-Larry Beals, 1989-Slydell, LA-John Otto, 1990-Sarasota, FL-John Otto, 1991-Atlanta, GA-Tom Pretzfeld, 1992-Huntsville, AL-Rich Moore, 1993-St. Louis, MO-Stan Simpson, 1994-Ft.Worth, TX-Jason Prejean, 1995-Bartow, FL-Stan Simpson, 1996-Ft. Wayne, IN-Cal Brown, 1997-Elmira, NY- Marty Davis, 1998- Huntsville, AL-Jerry Crowther, 1999-Huntsville, AL-Stan Simpson, 2000-Milan, IL-Jerry Crowther, 2001-Sarasota, FL-Stu Barr, 2002-Evansville, IN-John Barr, 2003 Dearborn. MI-Cody Sandifer, 2004-Jackson, TN-David Preusse, 2005-Jackson, TN-Ernie Lafleur, 2006-Evansville, IN-Ernie Lafleur, 2007-Seville, OH-Ernie Lafleur, 2008-Evansville, IN-Brian Loy, 2009-Seville, OH-Ron Jefferson, 2010-Seville, OH-Bob Kensill, 2012-Charleston, SC-Josh Black, 2017-Huntsville, AL-Stu Barr, 2018-?-?.

Many of these winners are still active today and that is great! Many more people would like to see their name on this trophy. Again, thanks to all involved for keeping this important bit of history going!

Stu Barr

Glad to hear you received it Stu! Quite the piece of history there.

Steve Ball

Glad you finally got it Stu- I saw this trophy at the time trials earlier this month in Huntsville. Mark did a great job and it looked as good as new.

Thanks for everyone involved in this great effort!
default_smile.png

That was an incredible showing this year Stu, great effort as well!

I am glad that this important piece of IMPBA history has been restored and is in the hands of it's latest winner. Thanks to Mark Bullard and the other people involved in restoring the EOP trophy and getting it to Stu. I do have one correction to Stu's list of winners of this award. In 1998 there was a tie for the EOP award between Jerry Crowther and Steve Speas. The name plate on the trophy for 1998 shows this. It took a long time to get the plate changed, but it was always something that Steve was very proud of. We sure miss him out at our practice lake and at the races.

Dick Tyndall

I saw how many names and how many years this trophy bears. I just would like to know what the EOP trophy stands for.

Thanks

Jim

Very nice gesture by Mark Bullard & Company for restoring and reactivating a fine piece of Model Boating History.

Very nice post by Stu Barr to see all of the many talented winners of the EOP Trophy over the coarse of time,

and Congratulations to Stu on a job very well done.

Rick Kirbitz

After a number of phone conversations between Len Skwiera, Jerry Betke and myself (not many still alive that were around when this trophy was conceived and awarded the first time) I'd like to see a plaque like Stu got initially, awarded to the recipient in addition to having the EOP trophy for a year, maybe a picture of the winner holding/standing by the EOP on the plaque. Along with this how about going back and start doing that for previous winners that are still around beginning ie: 1st "Len Skwiera"??? I know it's a long list but maybe do a few each year. Just my thoughts.

Thanks John

Latest posts

Back