IMPBA District 4 annual meeting

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveHalverson

Hello all in D4.

It is that time again to close out our season and get ready for next year... Please meet with your club members and plan what races you will sponsor next year. We will meet on November 22nd 2pm to 6pm at the Dover Inn, KansasVille Wisconsin. Google it for the address... This meeting is subject to state law regarding Covid but I reserved the back room for us and we can keep socially distant in that room. I will let you all know if anything changes.
So please bring with you your race date choices and plan to bring a backup date.

Dave

Hello all,

I received a phone call from The Dover Inn, we have to cancel the meeting as they could not support meetings in their back room due to Covid-19 precautions. I will be reaching out to the club presidents by phone and email to get race dates and follow up on any concerns.

Dave Halverson

Dave, can we do this on line.. can we Zoom this meeting? Just a thought.. (its clunky I know, and all just can not attend dew to owning or knowing how) but.. then.. its not cancelled.

I am not a huge fan of ZOOM meetings BUT.. its better then not having one.. (maybe)

Grim

Is there any update on a D4 meeting?

What about a simple conference call if we cant meet? Conferencecalls.com comes highly recommended.\

Would like to know race dates in D4 and other districts and any National races to plan for. Like may others, I have to plan vacation time.

All right.. its time for some info here. I am starting to build my calendar for 2021 and so far have Z E R O info on IMPBA Dist 4 racing. Lets get this posted!

Grim

Riptide Mbc 2021 Race dates
July 24-25
Sept 11-12
Not sure on any of the other:

here is district 14 if you like to join us:
2021 D-14 series Schedule
Arrowhead May 1st and 2nd
Madison June 26th
Indianapolis TBA
Wine Run Propnuts Aug7th
Celina Aug 28th and 29th
Evansville Sept 26th and 27th

As of last Badger meeting last month, the race dates are:

Sunday June 27th
Sunday August 29th
Sunday October 3rd

All Sunday races with planned open water starting at Noon on Saturday.

OK.. thanks Duke.. I am going to make the assumption the the Mendota race is again the 3rd weekend of aug.

BTY.. I have both PMed dave as well as emailed.

Grim

WES,
Cant wait for Johnston City. The Carmel Corn is the best at the Camp Ground!!

Racing is top notch too. :)

If D4 registers enough scales in 2021, I would like to add the Johnston City Race as part of high points for 1/8th and Gas Scales for D4, since it is in D4 territory.

For D4, Last 2 years has been LOW turnout for racers registering their Scale Hydros.

There is a great traveling trophy that started in 1975 by Gary Preusse for 1/8th Scale High points. 2019 David P, was the winner on limited races, and 2020 COVID 19 won with no points tracked for Scale racing.

Hopefully, enough D4 boaters would be interested in holding a place on the trophy for 2021 Season.
Registered hulls in other districts can win the D4 High Points trophy as well. (Based on D4 race points).

The stlouis club is hosting the spring race May 1st and 2nd entry here thunderboaters.com
Fall midwest scale championship is Oct. 2nd and 3rd

Last edited:
Got a message from our Dist 4 Director (Dave) and he said he was going to try to get this wrapped up this weekend.

Grim

WES,
Cant wait for Johnston City. The Carmel Corn is the best at the Camp Ground!!

Racing is top notch too. :)

If D4 registers enough scales in 2021, I would like to add the Johnston City Race as part of high points for 1/8th and Gas Scales for D4, since it is in D4 territory.

For D4, Last 2 years has been LOW turnout for racers registering their Scale Hydros.

There is a great traveling trophy that started in 1975 by Gary Preusse for 1/8th Scale High points. 2019 David P, was the winner on limited races, and 2020 COVID 19 won with no points tracked for Scale racing.

Hopefully, enough D4 boaters would be interested in holding a place on the trophy for 2021 Season.
Registered hulls in other districts can win the D4 High Points trophy as well. (Based on D4 race points).
Talked to Matt and I think it would be a great fit to the midwest scale championship! Me, Matt, james and Gavin would be happy to register our scales with dist. 4. The thunderboaters club is technically in Missouri though. If thats not an issue we would love to be included.

Back