i was just thinking

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir..thanks for the inspiration. I used 1/8 core matt 3layers of carbon cloth plus one more layer of carbon tape on the inside to join the top and bottom everything( hull, cowl and rears) was done vac bag ..if I do another I would change the process a bit...jumping in the deep end is how I learned to swim...works in boats too u just have to say I'm not sinking!!!

Last edited:
Hi Tyler,
good way to cool . I will give you an other option i have used to cool elektric motors . Do you know phase changing material . This are something like salt that can melt at specifived tempertur. SGL Carbon has some called Ecophit . This is a carbon graphit infused material that can store heat energy and because of the graphit is has very good thermal conductivi and can transport the heat very fast inside the material. It comes in plates and as a pasta . It can cover the motor outside or like i have done inside direct at the coils side . The heat will be stored by changing from solide to liquide phase in the short time and later it will cool down during a longer cooling time . We used such for inwheel motors for airplane taxing by electric drive using onla the cpu unite . The plane drove all the way to the starting runway by the electric motors . The cooling start after take of or after the plane stays at the parking position . You can calculate the Energiy amount for the job . Nothing fluide around, everything is on place , no pump or so needed. Cool and clean when applied.

Happy Amps Christian

Hi Tyler,
good way to cool . I will give you an other option i have used to cool elektric motors . Do you know phase changing material . This are something like salt that can melt at specifived tempertur. SGL Carbon has some called Ecophit . This is a carbon graphit infused material that can store heat energy and because of the graphit is has very good thermal conductivi and can transport the heat very fast inside the material. It comes in plates and as a pasta . It can cover the motor outside or like i have done inside direct at the coils side . The heat will be stored by changing from solide to liquide phase in the short time and later it will cool down during a longer cooling time . We used such for inwheel motors for airplane taxing by electric drive using onla the cpu unite . The plane drove all the way to the starting runway by the electric motors . The cooling start after take of or after the plane stays at the parking position . You can calculate the Energiy amount for the job . Nothing fluide around, everything is on place , no pump or so needed. Cool and clean when applied.

Happy Amps Christian

Hello Christian,
I have not considered any phase change materials. I would be concerned about conductive material near the end turns. Even though the stator coils are varnished and epoxied I would rather use an electrically insulative thermal potting material with a high w/m*K conductivity. The pump is also simple and pulls from a near infinite cooling source so to avoid Murphy's law I follow the KISS philosophy and stick with the pumps.

-Tyler

Attachments

• IMG_3710.JPG
    IMG_3710.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 33
Hello Christian,
I have not considered any phase change materials. I would be concerned about conductive material near the end turns. Even though the stator coils are varnished and epoxied I would rather use an electrically insulative thermal potting material with a high w/m*K conductivity. The pump is also simple and pulls from a near infinite cooling source so to avoid Murphy's law I follow the KISS philosophy and stick with the pumps.

-Tyler
where did you find these micro pumps?

Finally got the carbon slingshot on the water...day started a little rough...getting the needle set....new Quickdraw motor finally started getting going...I started at 65mph 4 props later
ended at 73...

Ah Mark u want me to spill the beans so soon....I'm still sorting it out with the prop. Motor is a 30.5 high rev...73 isn't fast enough so I'm still working on the prop

Latest posts

Back