I might need a shoe horn but......!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
I think the pipe will just fit if I just put a gentle sweep in the header....my radio stuff fits pretty good on the other side.....its like stuffing 10lbs of @!!# in a 5 lbs bag......all because of a NAMBA pipe rule šŸ˜†šŸ˜!!

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 74
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 69
What I had to do to get my pipe to fit in a narrow area was offset the engine to, in this case, the left side. It meant I had to realign the stuffing tube as well but it did work as shown in the pictures below. In fact, I had to move the engine over or I couldn't get the throttle more than 1/3 open due to lack of room as shown in the last pictureDumas Pak drive before  realigning.jpgDumas Pak after drive shaft realigned.jpgDumas Pak after shaft realigned 2.jpgDumas Pak original engine bay layout.jpg

Most of the work was machining the new, offset, engine mounts. The mounting bolts were in the original location, as shown in the bottom picture, basically in a centered location. I had to add some bends in the stuffing tube to realign it to the collet as well but, other than that, nothing else was changed

I think the pipe will just fit if I just put a gentle sweep in the header....my radio stuff fits pretty good on the other side.....its like stuffing 10lbs of @!!# in a 5 lbs bag......all because of a NAMBA pipe rule šŸ˜†šŸ˜!!
Bill, looks like your getting closer.We spoke awhile back on bulkhead cutting on the Hallam 40. They sure do run well, Mine flys! JOE

Attachments

• air.jpg
    air.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 44
Hey Joe! WOW! Whatta SHOT! Looks like a full size blow over!! I hope to do a little more on it this weekend! Ummmm whats is the pipe length on your Hallam??? Many Thanks!
Bill,Shot taken by Mario Johnston. The boat always lands right side up too! The pipe selection is still up in the air been trying irwins,cmb,s, ops, coopers and they all work at 9-1/2 to 10 1/4.Still looking for the pipe that will make my high timing motor rev like a 21 and not take the mccoy out! Your concern should be the turn fin.I found a fin with more hook keeps the boat flat in the turns and helps keep the boat in the water down the straights.New fin is 1/2 wider and more hook at bottom.The depth is same as supplied fin and the bracket was made from thick carbon plate i had laying around. i kept the fin close to sponson at original location. Try to keep the cg as far forward as you can and you will be pleased with all your hard work. Good luck, Im sure youll have a winner!

Latest posts

Back