hush puppy silencer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

has anyone tried to use a muffler similar to the hush puppy silencer technology ? thanks ..... bob

Never though about it. Just a lot of machining, Can achieve the same with multiple chambers. I have achieved 80db and less by just having the exhaust make two direction changes on a add on muffler with no performance loss. IMBRA has a 80db limit

Never though about it. Just a lot of machining, Can achieve the same with multiple chambers. I have achieved 80db and less by just having the exhaust make two direction changes on a add on muffler with no performance loss. IMBRA has a 80db limit
IMBRA’s limit is 85db.
See section 3.3.4 item #1.

I like the slightly muffled boat sound too, I I have found the muffed pipes perform better because because of a slight back pressure.

It’s getting really hard to get a good muffled performance pipe, and the muffled pipes in production today are as long as a baseball bat, so like nitro sniffer, I think making your own may be the way to go. I thought about making mine from stainless steel similar to our fuel tanks. I asked walt Barney what type of stainless he uses, and man that stuff is expensive. I n the quantity you have to by, it’s To expensive for a couple of mufflers.

So what materials do you all use to make you mufflers? What mufflers you all designed that you like best?

Not that I like my boats loud, but I race at an lMPBA sanctioned pond and I never had problem with There noise restriction and some of my boats run unmuffled CMB nitro pipes.

Thanks
Jim

Back