Hull # ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a little information overload?
T-1 was the 8407 Lite All-Star, remodeled into what we saw on the water and in the Budweiser commercials
T-2 was the 8701.
T-3 was the 8901.
T-4 was the 9401. It was driven by Mark Evans to a victory in Madison Indiana while the other two boats were being repaired/rebuilt. I believe this is the one you're asking about
T-5 was the 9601. IIRC, this was the first Budweiser boat driven by Dave Villwock
T-6 was the 0001. This was the last boat to be completed by the Budweiser team
T-7 is the 1801 from information I've gotten from various sources. The story is that when the Miss Madison team picked up the Homestreet Bank sponsorship, either they or Homestreet(I don't have any clarification on which way it went) bought the former Miss Budweiser facility and everything still owned by Joe Little associated with it. Included in the deal was a partially completed hull that became the latest Homestreet/Miss Madison. The hull was either completed by crew chief Mike Hanson or by a crew supervised by him. Now, if anyone has any verifiable information about this boat, it would be nice to find out if what I have heard is true or just a made up story

Last edited:
Just curious Kevin. Did you leave the area between the wings open or did you do what some have and cover the bottom with clear plexiglass? I've heard the boat can be "interesting" to drive either way o_O

9401. Just for clarification, it only raced in the winged configuration as the Budweiser and that was only in 1994 and maybe 1995. It was sold in 2003 to the U-8 team where it was reconfigured into a conventional full hull and became the Llumar Window film from 2003 to 2005. From 2006 to 2010, it ran as the U-37 under several sponsors before being bought by the Raney's and rebuilt(this is the hull that hit the wall in Detroit at the 2010 Gold cup, breaking JW Myers' foot) as the U-11 Peters and May, running under that sponsorship from 2013-15 and as the J&D Hydraulics/Diamond Tools from 2017-19

Latest posts

Back