How to..........??????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
Ok im an old geezer, and a dinosaur!! I have Futaba 4PLS transmitter that im using on a .40 Mono that im putting together and i have NO IDEA how to "program" it for the 3rd channel remote needle! Can it be done with this radio, and can somebody help me out with how to do it? It would be very much appreciated by this senior citizen 😆!

The fourth channel is set on the adjustable knob by the factory, that is unless someone has reprogrammed it to the big slide switch, moving the knob to channel three.
You can control your remote needle either using the big knob or, for more fine adjustments, use the thumb operated trim switch at the top of the handle below the steering wheel. I don't know of any way to "program" the radio for the remote needle other than using the variable knob and trim switch.
This is all called out in the manual starting at page 63. If you don't have the manual, you can download it at
https://futabausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/4PLS.pdf

Rick may have more information when he gets back on line. Personally, I do have and use the 4PLS(have two of them) but I don't use a remote needle.

Actually the information you gave me was spot on! I have got it working, and for what its worth i only have a couple of boats with 3rd channel needles...........its hard for me to walk and chew gum at the same time 😂 but maybe with a little practice......... SO Thanks so much for your help HJ!

Latest posts

Back