Hobbywing Seaking 180 amp V3 ESC Surges

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Gise

Supporting Member
I am building a FighterCat Cheetah with twin drives and I fired up the two ESC's for the first time.
The starboard motor/ESC runs fine.
The port motor/ESC surges on and off when I hold the throttle in a fixed position (see video).
Anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong?

I am building a FighterCat Cheetah with twin drives and I fired up the two ESC's for the first time.
The starboard motor/ESC runs fine.
The port motor/ESC surges on and off when I hold the throttle in a fixed position (see video).
Anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong?

Sounds like the ESC is bad change motors to this ESC if it does the same thing the ESC is bad if it works the the other motor is bad. check all solder connections for bad solder joint
Walt Barney

I tried a separate battery to the receiver and disconnected the ESC power wire thinking it might be the BEC but the results were the same.

I will switch the ESC to the other motor.

Thanks,
Pat

I switched the ESC to the other motor with the same result (surging at constant throttle).
I checked and reprogrammed all the parameters and the ESC still surges at a constant throttle position.
The ESC must be faulty.

Last edited:
I switched the ESC to the other motor with the same result (surging at constant throttle).
I checked and reprogrammed all the parameters and the ESC still surges at a constant throttle position.
The ESC must be faulty.
Yes, Call them up and tell them the problem, then send it back, they may ask you to make a short video just to show them that it does not work.
Walt Barney

Yeah I sent them the video linked at the beginning of this thread but they have not responded.

It's TFL Hobbies a Chinese company.

Maybe they will respond at the end of Chinese New Year (Feb 20th)?

Back